Chapter 34

We remained silent as we pulled up to Gabe's house. The entrance to the drive way was gated and thick, dark trees lined the property. He pulled up to the gate and and tapped on his phone, wirelessly commanding the gate to slide to the right allowing him to drive in.

He wasn't lying when he said his parents are rich. As we followed the drive way I couldn't contain my awe. His house was modern, the walls made of dark grey concrete, dark wood, and floor to ceiling windows with black steel borders. He parked his car under a covered section of driveway just outside of the front door.

"Stay in the car." He ordered as he stepped out and entered his house.

I sat patiently, for about two seconds, then curiosity took over and I found myself stepping out of the car and lightly pushing the front door open, revealing the most elegant interior I'd ever seen. I slipped my shoes off and headed down a black hallway to the right, the coolness of the black marble floors soaking through my socks.

The hallway was long and curved, movie posters hanging from the left wall, windows looking out to the rainforest that was the front yard.

Each poster had the same main actor, shown in a variety of tough poses, dressed as everything from a spy to a gladiator. I recognised him, he was in one of my dad's favourite movies. His name was Reggie James.

I guess Gabe's dad is a big fan.

The thought bounced around in my head, something off about it. I stopped in front of a poster from a movie about aliens. The poster showed half of Reggie James' face and half of a grey alien head. I looked closer at Reggie, particularly his eye. The poster was zoomed in and edited to make his eyes truly stand out.

Wait a minute. Those eyes.

I quickly yanked out my phone and typed the name Reggie James into the search bar. I clicked onto an article, discussing his dating life. I speed-read through, waiting for something to catch my eye.

According to sources, Reggie James is looking to settle down. "I want someone who I can depend upon. Someone to be a good influence on my son." He stated in an interview with Time magazine.

I frantically scrolled down, landing on a link to an article titled "15 things you didn't know about Reggie James". I clicked on it, my suspicions confirmed with the first sentence.

Reggie James is not the actors real name. His birth name is Ken Reginald Baker.

"Baker?" I mumbled in a state of shock.

"Bella!" Gabe called out from the end of the hallway. "I told you to stay in the car, I thought you got kidnapped or something."

I lifted my hand up and pointed to the poster.

"Reggie James..." I started. Gabriel looked down at his feet, seemingly... embarrassed? "He's your dad, isn't he?"

"Bella..."

"I'm right, aren't I?"

Gabriel met my eyes, very uncomfortable in this moment. "Yes. My dad is Reggie James."