[ 10 ]

clay perspective
_______________

george's smaller form was tangled up with me. i had forgotten he fell asleep with me last night. cute, i thought. i shifted in place a little, my arms were completely numb. he stirred, blinking. "oh- sorry george. i didn't mean to wake you."

george sighed, a relieved hum escaping his throat. he gave me a light squeeze. "morning, dream."
my throat constricted, my heart leaping again. my mind became fuzzy.
"did you sleep okay?" i asked, trying my hardest to distract myself from the pounding in my chest. george didn't seem bothered by it. he didn't reply to my question, either; instead prompting me with his own.

"is this world real? are you really my soulmate?" he asked, eyes bouncing around. "of course, george. it's real. i swear on it."george nods.
"you care about me, right? real? fake?" my heart sinks. you can't say anything. not a word about how you really feel. "real." i confirm.

"good," he mumbled, stretching his arms a little. "sorry i came over last night. i overreacted."

"no, george. i don't think so. your feelings aren't 'overreacting'. i get it must've been scary for you."
"still." george says, sighing tersely.

i remembered something. "i finished setting up my spare monitor. we can play minecraft if you want later- if it helps you take your minds off of things." i suggested, messing up george's hair a little.

he yawns. "sure. i fell asleep for like- a half hour and then woke up. i didn't actually sleep last night other than that. kinda just stared at the wall and thought about things." and with that he lifts off of my chest and sits on the opposing end of the bed.

following in his actions, i grunted sitting up, the start of the day beginning with george and i.

_______________
a/n
sorry this chapter is a little short, the next few are going to be sort of fillers i suppose, kinda just dragging the plot forward until the next interesting part. let me know how you guys are liking the story so far :)!!