[ 4 ]

george perspective
_______________

rocks crunched beneath my shoes as i continued walking alongside dream. the heat of the sun clawed at the back of my neck.

"are we almost there?" i asked in an almost complaining manner.
"we're getting close. why, are you tired?" dream responded, pulling his gray hood down.
"yeah. it's hot too."

dream took a right turn to the front steps of a house, approaching the door. "you're in luck-- we're here," he reached in his pocket, pulling out a set of keys, struggling to grab the right one before jamming it into the keyhole and unlocking his door. "come in."

i almost leaped through the door, embracing the much cooler environment inside of his somewhat small house.
"sorry it's not too big here. it's just me living here," he flicked the lights on, pushing the door closed behind him. "do you want anything while i get you a room set up? water? food?" dream offered, stepping into the kitchen and swinging the fridge open.
"just water is fine, please." i asked, and he promptly poured me a glass.

"okay, you drink that and i'll go find you.. a mattress or something." and with that he vanished upstairs.

i rested against the wall, refreshing myself with the water. florida has such a hot climate. i have no idea how he lives here. it's nothing like the cool atmosphere of london.

dream returned from upstairs. "so, bad news: i don't have a spare mattress so you're gonna have to sleep on some pillows or something."

"and good news?" i asked, setting the empty glass down.
"oh no, there is no good news. that was all." dream smiled, beckoning for me to follow him with a wave of his hand.

"i sleep in my recording studio because why not. i don't do facecams so," he said, tossing some spare pillows onto the floor, covering them with blankets.

"you can sleep here until i can get you something better. unless you wanna sleep with me or something."
i immediately became flustered, blood rushing to my face. "sleep with you? nooo that's so weird, dream." i sighed, sitting on the pillow pile.
"awh, come on it's not that bad if you think about it. i'd be fine with it. we're good friends anyways." he teased, sitting in his own bed and pulling out his phone. "if you want, tomorrow i can set up my second monitor to a spare computer and you can play minecraft with me." he suggested, tossing his device next to him as there was quite literally nothing else new to look at. no news, no followers (except for myself), and his timeline was vacant of any somewhat interesting tweets.

"sure," i agreed, pulling a blanket over my shoulders. "it's getting late, do you want to call it a day?"
"you can go to sleep. i might be awake for a little while. let me know if you need anything." clay replied, staring at his ceiling.

"'kay. night, dream."
"goodnight."

_______________