Arthur rises part 2

"I'm the CEO of a billion dollar tech company," Merlin told Arthur as they were walking along the street. Arthur was taking everything in, some things well other things, not so much. It's been a few hours and Arthur seemed to take in everything well. But in truth, he was not. On the inside of his head he was screaming. Everything he once knew was gone, well except Merlin. But even he's different. He has a daughter. He has a job that makes him a high rank. He is having a hard time processing it all. He was freaking out.

It was now sun set. Merlin looks at his watch and cursed.

"We got to go. My daughter's school just let out," he tells his long time friend. "Oh, my name is Myrddin Emmit. I can't be prancing around as Merlin nowadays."

Arthur noticed his voice sounded more irish than it did when he first met him. He was different. He thought it was weird.

"Ashleigh, thank you. I'm so sorry," he apologized to his daughters teacher. Ashleigh gave a small smile. Her smile matched her golden brown hair and violet eyes.

"It's no problem. But you shouldn't leave her behind. I know your busy with work, but it's not good to leave her behind," she told him, she had a sweet voice that matched her kind demenor.

"I was catching up with an old friend. I'm so sorry. Come on Cassey. Uncle Arthur wants to meet you," Merlin crouched down to his daughters level. She smiled and nodded. "Let's go. He's in the car."

"Arthur, you've met her before. But this is Cassey. My daughter. Cassey. This is Arthur. Arthur... Pen," Merlin told his daughter, she nodded and his behind her fathers leg. Arthur gave him a look at the last name.

"Hi Cassey," Arthur said awkwardly. She nodded and looked to the ground.

"Sorry, she's shy," Merlin told him. Arthur nodded. "Let's go. I think it's time to go home."

"Daddy, can I have mama's goulash?" Cassey asked as she drew in her sketchpad. She looked to her father as she hugged him from the back. Merlin smiled fondly, Arthur watched the whole interaction. He watched how good Merlin was with his daughter. He watched how she looked up to her father. He would never admit it, but he was a little jealous. He wanted a child with Gwen, then he died and never got that. She probably married for the kingdom and had a child with whoever it is she married.

While he was in the after life, he was able to talk with everyone who has passed on. He knew what happened with everyone. Except Merlin. They could watch the land of the living. But you don't have to. Arthur didn't want to. For an odd reason, he felt ashamed. He was ashamed of leaving everything and everyone behind by dying. ANd to know that Merlin never did. To know that Merlin lived through everything, and had a daughter. It was sad and happy.

"Of course, sweetheart. Wanna help me make it?" he asked his daughter and she smiled happily.

"Yes, please," she said and went back to her school work. Merlin sighed as they pulled up to their house. They stopped at the store to buy the ingredients for the goulash. During that time, Cassey fell asleep. Arthur stayed in the car.

"Come on, Cass. Let's get you to bed," Merlin picked up her daughter from the back while grabbing her school bag. "Arthur, can you grab the bags please."

"But I am-" Arthur was about to say when he saw Cassey talking.

"But daddy. Mama's goulash," she told him tiredly.

"I know Cass. We can have it tomorrow. It's been a long day for all of us. Let's get you to bed," Merlin told his child as he closed the door and walked into his house, leaving Arthur behind. Arthur froze for a moment. Trying to remember how Merlin worked this thing. As soon as he finally figured out how to open the door, Merlin came back out already. He grabbed all the bags in one go and was already walking inside.

"Um," Arthur said, catching up with him.

"Sorry Arthur. But the frozens needed to get inside," Merlin apologized. Arthur nodded, not really knowing what he meant. "Um, tomorrow your going to have to stay here. I have work. The only reason I didn't go today was because you came back. Man, I still can't believe it. Your back."

Arthur nodded, trying and failing to hold back a yawn.

"Oh. Let me show you to the guest room. You can sleep tonight. We'll talk in the morning," Merlin said, leading him to the room at the end of the hall.

During the night Arthur woke to the sound of whimpering. He got out of bed and crept through the hall. He stopped at the door where the sound is loudest. He looked through the crack in the door and saw Merlin sitting next to a crying girl.

"Shh, sweetheart," he calmed.

"Can you sing to me?" she whispered, staring at her father. He sighed but nodded.

"Baby mine, don't you cry

Baby mine, dry your eye

Rest your head close to my heart

Never to part

Baby of mine

Little one, when you play

Don't you mind what they say

Let those eyes sparkle and shine

Never a tear

Baby of mine

From your head to your toes (Baby mine)

You're so sweet, goodness knows (Baby mine)

You are so precious to me

Cute as can be

Baby of mine

Baby mine

Baby mine," Merlins voice sang out, it stunned Arthur at how smooth and calming his voice was. He almost fell asleep himself. He only noticed as soon as Merlin shut the door. "Sorry. Uh, Cass has nightmares. She won't go to sleep unless she's sung to."

"No, no. It's okay. What song was that?" Arthur asked.

"Her mother used to sing it for her. When she saw the movie she really like it and asked her mum to sing her to sleep with it. It comes from a movie," Merlin explains. Arthur nods, not knowing what a movie is but doesn't push it any further.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Here's a part 2. Hope you likes it, bye!