Chapter 11

It was the day every 9 soon to be 10 year old was waiting for the day of the Affinity Rite.

Edward, William, and Lucas entered the Affinity Rite hall together while carefully avoiding the prying eyes of the Heroine and her parents.

Edward was shaking a little until William put his hand on Edward's shoulder.

"It's okay Angel, We'll see each other again at the academy."

"I-i know that Will but-" Edward started.

"That's not all you're worried about" Lucas stated, he's more perceptive than people think.

"You're right Lu" Edward admitted.

"What else is worrying you Angel?" William asked in a calm soothing voice.

"Well you both know I have 5 magical affinities right?" They both nod "Well no one has ever had 5 magical affinities before so-"

"Ah you're worried how people will react" William realized.

"Mhm" Edward nodded

"Well then you have nothing to worry about, Angel-" Lucas started

"-After all-" William continued

"-You're an Angel!" They finished together

"Pfft-Hahaha" Edward burst out laughing "Thanks you guys you really helped" He said sincerely after he calmed down, giving an angelic smile (Lucas and Edward feared they would go blind from the sheer brightness of it)

"William Hail" the announcer called.

"Well I guess it's my turn" William said dejectedly he ,reluctantly, went up to take his Affinity Rite but not before giving Edward a kiss on the forehead.

"See you at the academy Angel" he said leaving a surprised Edward, and a stuttering Lucas.

The Affinity Rite was simple all you had to do was touch an orb that glowed a different color for each affinity you had.

William placed his hand on the orb it glowed light blue, dark orange, and light grey.

"Ice, Animal, and Protection!" The announcer shouted many people ooh and aah-ing at his affinities.

"Lucas Stone"

"W-well I guess I'm up!" Lucas stated and, not wanting to be outdone by William, also kissed Edward's forehead "W-wish me l-luck Angel."

"G-good luck" came the slightly confused response

Lucas placed his hand on the orb it glowed yellow, and grey.

"Enchantment, and Metal" the audience showed their appreciation for his affinities.

"Mary Rosewell"

The Heroine excitedly skipped up to the orb and greedily placed her hand on it the orb glowed white.

"Light!" The announcer exlaimed as light was a very special affinity the audience shared his excitement showering the girl in praise.

"Wow what a special girl"

"She's so cute too"

"I'm sure she'll grow up to be an amazing woman"

And Mary relished it.

"Edward Von Rosewell" the announcer said with some confusion, the audience was similarly confused there was another Rosewell?

Edward stepped up to the orb as the people got over their confusion instead admiring his beauty.

Edward nervously placed his hand on the orb it glowed red, black, rainbow, violet, and periwinkle.

"Fire, Darkness, Healing, Poison, a-and Music" the announcer said trying to stay calm.

*Silence*

The audience was speechless then one person started clapping, then another soon the hall was filled with cheers.

Edward nervously took a small bow and walked off the platform the orb was placed on.

"That was a very intresting Affinity Rite Edward Von Rosewell." Said the prince of the nation and the last capture target,

"Charels Solarion" shouted the announcer.