21

Chapter Twenty One - Gunshots & Babies

Elena Moretti's P.O.V.

Roman ignores my anger before leaning down and kissing me fiercely. The frustration, annoyance and pain I'm feeling fades away as he pours all his feelings into the kiss. I melt completely and kiss him back with equal passion before pulling away, mindful of the fact that we have an audience.

"What happened? You got shot!" He asks in a panicked voice as the paramedics work on me.

"Yes! Rome, if I die, I want you to know that I love you and I really wanted to have your babies. I'll wait for you in the afterlife." I reply dramatically.

"Dan Schmidt, the serial killer, shot Elena first as we saw from the security footage. Elena fired after in self-defense when he was about to shoot her a second time. His wound is fatal and we're taking him to the hospital first." An officer comes up behind us and explains. "There's another ambulance on the way for Elena. Thankfully the bullet only grazed her shoulder."

"Well, it still feels like I got shot instead of grazed!" I hiss in pain when pressure is applied. Roman frowns worriedly and holds my hand tightly in response.

"So how did you get out of this?" Mac asks me once the officer leaves and a smug smirk blooms across my lips.

I tell them everything, from how I got myself out of the ropes to how I managed to get Cody in the chair and fight off the others. Dan didn't take my threat of shooting him seriously and fired at me. I didn't hesitate to shoot back but he moved at the last second and the bullet entered his chest. As we fell to the floor the police finally arrived otherwise I'm pretty sure he would've fired another bullet at me. By the time I'm done they're all chuckling in amusement except for Roman who looks serious as always.

"Can she join the FCAA?" Dakota begs and he shakes his head in disbelief.

"Yes! I would love to!" I gasp both from excitement and the pain.

"Great, you've given her something else to nag me about." Roman mutters and I glare at him with pursed lips.

The others laugh before giving me some space as the ambulance arrives and a stretcher is brought in for me. I groan in pain as I'm lifted onto it and Roman hovers by my side worriedly. But just as they're about to take me I catch his hand and pull him towards me.

I bite my lip as his dark green eyes meet mine. "Can I still have your babies?"

"Just shut up and let them work. We'll talk later." He grunts with a shake of his head but I don't miss the small smile he lets slip.

I grin widely as he walks away before looking up at the chuckling paramedic above me. "That wasn't a no, right?"

"Trust me, you are one hundred percent having babies with him." She laughs before I'm taken inside the ambulance.

By the time I'm settled in and Roman climbs inside I'm struggling to keep my eyes open. Suddenly the adrenaline leaves me with just exhaustion and the only thing I want to do is sleep. I feel him cup my cheek and caress my skin with a relieved yet worried smile. I smile back sleepily and he leans over to brush his lips against mine softly before taking my hand in his.

"I love you too Elena." He whispers as he tucks away a strand of hair behind my ear.

I drift off to sleep with a happy smile, content that the man I'm in love with feels the same way and that he'll be waiting for me when I wake up.