16

*Any corrections of the Italian language used are welcome.*

Chapter Sixteen - The Jacksons

It's a day before Thanksgiving and I've come down to Roman's family ranch with him as requested by Michelle. However, Roman's been on edge for the past two weeks since D.S. won't stop sending threats...about me. I'm hoping that spending some time relaxing with his family will calm him down.

Getting out of the car I make my way to the trunk and grab my overnight bag. We're leaving after Black Friday so I don't have much with me. Roman joins me with his bag and we start walking up to the front door. I watch when it opens and Theo peeks out before a devilish grin blooms across his lips as he waves cheekily.

"Roman and his girlfriend are here!" He shouts before disappearing at the sight of his brother's murderous glare.

"What a lovely welcome!" I grin widely as Roman face palms himself.

"I haven't even asked you to be my girlfriend yet." He huffs with a roll of his eyes.

"Wait!" I stop him by grabbing his wrist. "You want me to be your girlfriend someday?"

He turns to me fully with a funny look. "No, I've just been hooking up with you and making you meet my family for a laugh."

I blush before crossing my arms. "Well, you're not very good at this."

"I know..." He sighs before pulling me into his arms. "I was planning on taking you out on some more dates and then ask – date nights that aren't restricted to my backyard because of a certain serial killer."

If he asked me right now to be his girlfriend the answer would be hell yes! But I also feel the same way as he does. I want to get to know him more without any threats looming over our heads.

"I'll hold you to it." I smile up at him and watch as his eyes become tender before he kisses me softly.

"Come on, time to meet the rest of my crazy family." He rolls his eyes playfully which makes me laugh.

I take his hand and we make our way inside the house. Leaving our things by the door his hand presses against the small of my back as we move towards the sitting room where everyone is. I feel a flicker of nervousness bubble in the pit of my stomach before it's gone when he rubs my back comfortingly.

"Hey guys, this is Elena Moretti." Roman introduces me and I wave with a bright smile.

I've already had the pleasure of meeting Theo and Noah so Roman introduces me to Ryder first. He's the second oldest after Roman and has dark brown hair, clear blue eyes with sharp features. His wife, Ella, has brown hair too but just a few shades lighter and styled into perfect curls. She has dark green eyes and is very lean.

Isaiah is four years old and the exact copy of Ryder but with his mother's eyes. Mila, however, is a mixture of both her parents at two years old. She has the lightest brown hair and blue-green eyes. They're both adorable and I resist from pinching their cheeks.

Next I'm introduced to Hunter who is of a muscular build with blonde hair and clear blue eyes. Beside him stands his wife Zoe, a slender woman with delicate features. She's a redhead with pretty emerald eyes and light freckles across her cheeks and nose. She holds a cute little baby in her arms who has the exact same hair color as her father but green eyes like Zoe. She turns out to be Ariel, their 7-month-old daughter.