Chapter 7: Snow Day!

Start from the beginning

Angelica and Peggy peeked through their seat windows.

"Eliza, are you okay?!" Angelica asked, coming out of the car and running over to her.

"Mmmmm..." Eliza got up with Angelica's help, brushing off her hair and pants. "Yeaaa..at least I'm not bleedinggg.."

"Yeah, at least! If you were, that'd be...phew. School and the hospital? We would never hear the end of it from Heathers."

"Not like they would care about me getting hurt anyways.."

"True, true. Sadly." Angelica laughed, and she and Eliza got into the car.

Angelica inserted the key. "Alllright, let's go before we're late."

She started up the car, putting it into drive and pressing the pedal, furrowing her eyebrows when it didn't go anywhere. Angelica tilted her head, before pressing the pedal again, and the car didn't move.

"What the..?" Angelica opened her door and stepped out of the car, and sucked her teeth at what she saw.

The wheels were stuck in the snow, so they couldn't move.

"You've got to be kidding me."

"What is it?" Eliza asked, coming over to the driver's seat and looking out of the window. Peggy rolled down her window and looked outside as well.

"The car's stuck. We can't move."

"Can't we take the other car?" Peggy asked.

Angelica pointed to the car that was behind the one her and her sisters were in, and it was also stuck in the snow.

Angelica huffed. "Dad's at work, and he took he and mom's car, how're we supposed to get to school now?"

"Hmmm..." Eliza thought for a moment, before coming to a conclusion. "We call the school bus and ask it to drive us!"

"And I wanted to get to school early." Angelica looked at her phone's clock, which read 7:48. "Alright, let's go. Back into the house." Angelica turned around, and began to trudge back into the house, and Eliza and Peggy came out of the car and walked after her.

They told their mother about what happened with the cars, and did indeed call the school and told them about the car situation, and got the school bus to pick them up and drive them to school. While waiting, they sat in the dining room, eating some chocolate chip pancakes made by Eliza.

Catherine looked out the window as she saw the bus pull up to the house. "The bus is here!"

"Finally!" Angelica called out, before grabbing her book bag and running over to the door while her sisters followed.

"Bye mom!" They waved and went outside and made their way over to the bus.

"This is the first time we've ever taken the bus to school in the morning, instead of the car." Eliza awed.

"Yeah..weird. I wonder what it's like." Peggy replied.

"We're about to find out." Angelica said as the bus's doors opened.

"Hey Angelica, Eliza, and Peggy!" Their bus driver, Mr. Damian greeted. Mr. Damian was also their art teacher and one of their theater teachers. He and Ms. Regina went to school together.

They greeted him and began to walk towards the seats of the bus, and paused at the sight of John, Alexander, Ava, Laf, Herc, Theodosia, and some of their other classmates sitting in half the seats.