Chapter 4: Heartbroken (By Nothing In Particular)

Well, regarding what happened last with Eliza and her friends, they were not suspended. Instead, grounded for a week, ( it was going to be a month but Alexander gave a super long speech on how their escape from school was justified, and he wouldn't stop talking until all the parents changed the date of the ground.) No one could go on their phones, so they had to resort to Eliza and John's note method. It wasn't that hard, just difficult when they would be caught passing notes. And when Alexander would make his note too long with way too much fancy smart words, and Angelica would remind him that they weren't "writing a letter from the 1700s."

Eliza was kind of, KEYWORD KIND OF, ticked off at Alexander for getting her and the others in trouble, but she could tell he was sowwy. Yes, sowwy, that's how he said it when he apologized to her. So, it didn't end all bad. And even better, Ava, (one of Eliza's many best friends),was back from the dead.
She had gotten sick last Friday, so she was basically suffering all weekend. Ava was like Eliza's un-biological sister. Far-fetched, but true. Ava had been Eliza's girl-bff for a suuuuuper long while, and believe it or not, she was actually apart of the squad! She was outgoing, sarcastic, honest, pretty, and thoughtful. Along with other good personality traits. ..Pretty isn't a personality trait..anyways. Angelica didn't like Ava much, she thought she wasn't a good influence for her. But Eliza thought otherwise.

Eliza grinned as she saw her best friend walk through the school doors, running up to her. Ava smiled cheerfully at Eliza. "AVA!"

"ELIZA!"

They ran up to each other and hugged.

Ava pulled away. "So Eliza almost got suspended? I'm shocked."

Eliza giggled. "W-"

"So what happened?"

"Oh! Um..well...we ditched a week ago-"

"And I thought that was never gonna happen! Looks like those fake security camera pictures came in handy. ..Not really because you got caught. But, hey." Ava ruffled Eliza's hair. "And I thought you were a good kid!"

Eliza fixed her hair. "I ammmm! It was just one time, I learned my lesson!"

"Sure. Sooner or later you'll be skipping class and listening to metal." Ava joked.

"But metal isn't bad..." Eliza muttered, before perking up again. "Oh! We also got a new student!"

"For the first time in forever. Yeesh. Is it a boy or a girl? Please say girl, please say girl, please say girl.."

"It's a boyyyyy!" Eliza grinned.

Ava rolled her eyes into the back of her head. Creepy. "Oooofff course it is."

They began to walk in the main hallway.

"But he's really cute and smart!" Eliza smiled.

"You would think so."

"Hey, I don't just fall for any guy you know! He's cool, I promise—" Eliza saw Alexander walking in their direction. "There he is now! Ava, this is—"

"Alexander!!!" Ava ran up to Alexander, throwing her arms around him. They indulged in a longing kiss. Ava pulled away, smiling widely at him. "So this is your new school? Alexander, if you're gonna be my boyfriend you're gonna have to tell me these things!-"