Chapter 34 - A girl and her ship

Start from the beginning

 I looked over and he had vines and Bean trying to help rip the helmet off.

“How can I say for sure I’m not gonna die? There’s always the chance I won’t be regenerated.” I replied, ignoring Zack's threat.

“We have a working deal with those goddesses. Guaranteeing a regeneration after the match.” Isabella spoke up.

“No offense, but am I supposed to just take your word for it?” I asked as I crossed my arms.

“You don’t have to. If you check your book, there should be a note inside of it for this specific challenge.” 

I raised my brow, and held out my hand. I swear, everyone is in such a hurry to kill each other…

I sighed and focused on the book. The blue flares appeared around my hand as my book formed. I quickly opened it up and found a letter with a red stamp seal inside the front page. I hesitantly grabbed the letter and opened it up. 

Yup, everything they just said was true. Just like Zack they got permission to kill me. How does that even work!? Am I the only one who dosen't have the goddesses on speed dial!?

I looked up at the two of them. Both giving me a prideful smirk. They were clever. They could see exactly how I work, and account for it. And the most I'll gain is how they work. And they still have all the other swordsmen info. I needed to use this leverage as a way to get more info.

Clearly this tournament had to be something serious.

“Alright, I’ll agree to the match. On one condition.”

Isabella raised a brow.

“And what might that be?” 

“I want you all to share the info you have about the other swordsman.”

“Sure!” Elizabeth chimed.

“No way!” Isabella said in unison with Elizabeth.

“Look, you came here out of the blue and attacked me, and my city. Then expect to get three death rounds out of me? For essentially nothing? No way.”

“And what’s stopping us from just fighting you right now?” Isabella huffed crossing her arms.

“Aha!” I heard Zack cheer and pant as he threw my helmet off.

“Well for one, I could just hold back. Remember I’m just a sidekick. Zack would totally over take the battle, and your whole goal for scoping me out would be for nothing.”

“There’s also the fact that we have the legendary Jack frost on speed dial.” Zack said with a laugh. “See were kind of Arthurs favorites. So I know he will be delighted to help us out."

“Wow, you're not trying to kill me? I’m surprised.” I chuckled. 

“Shut up.” Zack snapped. 

I could see the panic slowly rise on Isabella's face. But what threw me off was the focus on Elizabeth's face. She seemed like she was analyzing me. What was it that Leo called her? The Siren? I needed to look into that later...

“Y-your bluffing..” Isabella stammered out.

“No he’s not. I met him myself, he seems like he’s their handler. When I was chasing the knight he was always right on my tail. I wouldn't be surprised if he was watching us right now. You're better off agreeing to the terms. It's not like you have a lot of info in the first place."

“Shut up! He doesn't know that!” Isabella roared.

“He does now..” Leo muttered.

Isabella looked over to me and frantically looked back to Leo.