Chapter 21: The Boy With The Scar

Start from the beginning

Izumina was about to say something in retaliation when a sudden presence collided against her back and sent her stumbling backwards. Izumina tried to balance herself before ultimately tripping over her own clumsy feet and landing with a harsh THUD on her butt.

"Ouch," she said rubbing the small of her back. She opened her eyes to see a boy, who she hadn't noticed before, with red and white hair standing over her. "Oh my gosh," Izumina exclaimed as she met the cold gaze of the boy's grey and turquoise eyes. "I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going and... I'm so sorry for bumping into you!" Izumina was mortified. She could feel the heat in her face rise as the boy continued to eye her. "So much for making a good first impression," Izumina thought as she noticed his U.A. uniform.

"Apologies," the boy said in a cool voice. "I was partially at fault too." The boy brushed his jacket off as though he had been the one to fall. Izumina thought he looked elegant as he fiddled with the cuffs of his jacket. Then she remembered she was sitting on the floor.

Izumina stood awkwardly, her face flushed out of embarrassment. "Either way," she ventured, hoping to continue a conversation with the boy. "I hope I didn't hurt you."

The boy stooped and looked at her once more. "I barely stumbled. You're the one who looked hurt."

Izumina's voice caught in her throat as the embarrassment of falling caused her to flush once more. "I-I'm fine," she responded, looking at the ground.

"Okay."

Izumina looked up, hoping to see the boy's unique eyes once more, but frowned as she saw him beginning to walk away. "Hey," she called. "It was nice to meet you. I'm Izumina by the way."

"Okay." The boy continued walking towards the outline of the building, Izumina knew to be U.A., at the end of the path without so much as a second glance over his shoulder. Izumina stared after him, unable to say anything else. She wondered what the boy thought of her. What was his name? Was he judging her or was he just unbothered by the whole encounter? However, the question that Izumina wondered most was how the boy, who seemed relatively good looking, got that scar over his right eye?

A voice next to her seemed to bring Izumina back to reality. "You can stop staring at him now," Izuku teased as he tapped her shoulder to gain her attention.

Izumina tore her gaze from the mysterious boy's back and turned her attention to her best friend, who stood grinning knowingly at her. "I wasn't staring!" Izumina tried her best not to stutter but could feel her face heating up nonetheless.

Izuku nodded, struggling to suppress a laugh. "Mhmm, sure you weren't."

"I-I wasn't," Izumina exclaimed, which caused Izuku to burst into a fit of giggles.

"You totally were, Izumi," Izuku said clutching his sides as he continued to laugh. "And when you fell? Your face was so red, you were so blushing!"

Izumina's cheeks flushed scarlet. "I was not!"

Izuku continued walking, though he kept eye contact with Izumina as he pointed at her face and said; "You're even blushing now!"

"Not 'cause I like him! I'm embarrassed! I was embarrassed, that's all!"

Izuku stopped and turned to face Izumina as they arrived in front of U.A. Being slightly taller than him, Izumina was forced to look down as he pointed a finger at her. "Now who said anything about liking him?"

Izumina scoffed, trying her best to act indifferent. "Whatever, Izu. Think what you want but I don't like that boy. I just found him interesting. It's not every day you see someone with a scar over their eye. Besides he was wearing a student uniform. I figured he may be in the same class as us."

"Oh you'd love that," Izuku teased, prolonging the 'o' sound of the word 'love.'

"I wouldn't love it. I barely know him. Besides...What I wanna know is why you left me after I fell?! What the heck, Izu? You could've helped me up!"

Izuku snickered. "I didn't want to ruin the moment."

Izumina's blush had cooled to a slight pink tint as Izuku teased her. "Whatever, Izu. I was just trying to be nice. Besides I wasn't the blundering mess you're making me out to be. If I remember correctly that was you when you first met Uraraka."

At the mention of the girl from the entrance exam's name Izuku's face heated up. Izumina smirked, for she knew she'd silenced the boy.

Izuku was about to retaliate but was cut off as a warning bell echoed over the grounds.

Izumina looked up at the building, and for the first time since the entrance exam, took in the true beauty of it. The glass windows that covered most of the school reflected the clear blue sky above them. Izumina smiled as the feeling of attending such a school sunk in. Up until now, she'd been so happy Izuku had gotten in at all, that she hadn't really considered how great an honour attending herself was. She looked over at Izuku, who gulped nervously.

Taking a breath Izumina stepped towards the doors of the school. She turned to address Izuku and said, "We better hurry in case we can't find our class."

Izuku nodded. "1-A here we come!" With that Izuku pulled the doors of the school open and took off down the nearest hallway. Izumina laughed as she jogged after him. 

It took a while but eventually, after much muttering of the desired room number from both of them, Izumina and Izuku came to a stop at a door. Izumina pointed at the abnormally large entrance and said: "Here we are. Man, this place is really big. Don't you think, Izu?"

"The door's huge! Is it for accessibility...?"

Izumina chuckled at her friend's reaction. A small part of her wondered if the door would be heavy, and if so would she make a fool of herself trying to open it every day? Izumina tried to push the first day jitters to the back of her mind. Peeling her gaze away from the door, Izumina noticed Izuku's excited demeanour change to one of fear as his shoulders tensed and his hands clutched the straps of his yellow backpack. "Are you okay?"

Izuku looked up at her and the tension in his shoulders seemed to dissipate. "Yeah," he chuckled awkwardly. "I just hope I'm not in the same class as the scary people."

Izumina laughed, knowing Izuku was referring to none other than Katsuki Bakugou and that guy with glasses from the entrance exam. "Fingers crossed," she agreed, though part of her hoped the trio of Aldera High would stay together. Another small part of her hoped Uraraka would be in the class too. It would be nice to see a familiar face, and Izumina would be lying if she said she didn't love the idea of teasing Izuku about it for the next year. As she thought of all her classmates, all those possible friendships, Izumina's mind wandered back to the mysterious boy with red and white hair.

"Maybe he would be in the class too." Izumina thought though part of her longed to know more about the boy with the scar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter. I won't be posting next week and wanted to get at least one out before then. I'll try to make the next chapter longer.

~Author