Chapter 52: Revolt

Start from the beginning

"Happy birthday to you... "

I grabbed on to Raven's hand and squeezed it to stop myself from laughing at his expression. Soon, everyone started singing too.

Raven and I started screaming the lyrics on the highest pitch of our voices.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR AAAAANNNNNAABELLLEEEE,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUU!"

Ann glared at us harshly from her spot but cut the cake nevertheless. Luca was turning pink, trying to hold in the gags.
After the song was over, Raven and I cheered on top of our lungs, pretty much making the whole crowd turn to us in amusement. What can I say, we were SO happy for Ann.

She fed Luca the first slice of cake, making me roll my eyes. Luca gave me an apologetic look over Ann's shoulder. Aww. I gave him a smile, signalling that it was fine. I could only imagine how desperate he must be feeling to get out of Anna's claws.

Ann then continued feeding cake to a few other people, obviously not feeding us and I was happy. At this point, I didn't even trust the damn cake. It could be poisoned. Just when I thought that her need of being the center of attention was fulfilled, she shouted "Everybody, settle down! We're going to watch a video about my journey since childhood! "

*insert surprised emojis* Kidding.

She made a video of herself on her own birthday? Oh my goooodddddd. I prepared myself to cringe all the way hell and back , making myself comfortable on one of the couches alongside Raven.

Everybody around me had also settled down. I could hear mutters and someone even said, "Bruh. I was about to get laid. What is this bullshit?"

I stifled a laugh at all the complaints.

Ann then switched on the TV. I sighed and realised that the strap of my Stiletto had come off loose. I bent down to tighten it.

Suddenly, moans filled the air.

My moans filled the air.

Raven placed a hand on my thigh, urging me to look up and I snapped my head to the TV. What I saw, made an icy chill run over my back. Goosebumps spread across my skin as I felt the pin-drop silence from the crowd. I could imagine everybody's mouths dropped open.

The same video Luca had showed me was now playing on the huge flat screen TV. Everybody around me was stunned. I trailed my eyes to Ann and saw her triumphant smile.

"Oops. My bad. Wrong video." She laughed carelessly but didn't make a move to change it.

Just as I stood up to go and place a punch on Ann's face, Luca walked up to the TV, carrying a baseball bat in his hand. His face was red with fuming rage. His movements were dominant and angry.

To everybody's shock, Luca slammed the bat onto the TV screen with such high intensity and force, that it cracked immediately. I watched as he continued to hit the TV with the weapon, until the whole screen was cracked and broken.

Babe, you could've just pulled out the cable.

I understood his reaction though. He was angry and beyond done. He wasn't expecting this to happen tonight. The one thing that he feared the most had almost happened. He didn't want anyone seeing me like that and it had already happened. Hopefully, that stupid bitch didn't send it to people. He was showing Ann just how much she had messed up.

I walked up to him and pulled him back.

"Luca.... It's fine. Calm down.. Relax." I murmured to him.