Chapter 43: Ciao

The sound of utensils clanking and laughter woke me up from my nap with a jolt. I frowned for a few seconds, not being able to register my surroundings. Then the events of the day, came to my mind and I immediately felt like shit once again. So much had happened in 2 days, it was insane.

I looked around Julia's room, taking in the rustic wooden furniture and the dark green walls. There were photographs everywhere and the tiny artificial plants made the room seem cute and cozy. I walked to my suitcase to grab my toiletries and proceeded to the adjoined bathroom to do my duties.

In another fifteen minutes, I was done. I had somehow managed to add some life into my dull, pale face. Coming here was a bad idea. I should've known better. I should've known that Diane could never have a normal, civil conversation with me. She always had to do or say something that struck a nerve and made me explode. Today, I was done. The only reason I had tolerated that woman in my life was because of monetary reasons. That's out. Julia had told me she was going there tomorrow to get her final paycheck. I'm going to give Diane's debit card to her, asking her to return it. Or burn it I don't care. I had saved up some money for myself and when my father and she divorced, he had made it a point to deposit a ton of money in my account but I had refused to touch it for some reason till now. I'm going to start working. I couldn't depend on anyone anymore. I was done with this shit.

I opened the bedroom door to be immediately gifted by the pleasent aroma of Lasagna.

I made my way to kitchen, a slight smile on my face as I heard Luca's laugh followed by Allie's which was then followed by Julia's scolding.

I reached the kitchen to see Luca wearing a Pink apron. There was red sauce all over it and some smeared across his cheeks. I watched as he laughed, dimple and all as Allie continued to annoy Julia by dipping her finger in the pan again and again. Alexandra was wearing a pair of white jeans that fit her curvy bottom perfectly and a blue cashmire sweater. Her red hair was up in a high ponytail and her lips were once again matching her hair. She was absolutely stunning.

Julia was the first to see me standing there and beamed immediately, her anger dissipating, "El, honey! You look like you had a nice nap. "

Allie let out a squeal and raced to me, giving me a big hug. I laughed and fell a few steps back, trying to take on her weight. "I'm so glad you're here. I'm so sorry about what happened, though. No offense but your moma's a hoe."

I laughed and shook my head, " None taken. She definitely a hoe and not the good kind." I winked at her, my mood easing up by the company around me. It felt so homely and joyful.

Allie laughed and placed her hand at the small of my back, guiding me towards the kitchen to join the others.

My eyes drifted to Luca and a chuckle escaped my lips as I saw him. A huge, muscular guy, in this small kitchen, covered in sauce and wearing a pink apron.

Luca blushed, looking down at his attire.

"Im guessing, you made the lasagna?" I asked, sarcastically, at which his blush darkened.

He replied, "Wait till you taste my lasagna."

My mind was a dirty, filthy, place.

My cheeks tinted pink as I internally laughed at the innuendo.

"I'm sure she already has." Allie joked, leaning against the counter next to me, throwing a wink Luca's way.

Thank god I wasn't the only one with the dirty mind here.

Luca frowned slightly, his eyes going back and forth between us as he tried to grasp onto what we were hinting at. I guess he understood in a few seconds as he blushed once again, pushing his glasses higher.