Chapter 39: The First Day

An hour and a half later, I was done with unpacking and freshening up.
I pulled on a pair of black leggings and a really loose hoodie. Grabbing my phone, I walked out of my room. The room was fucking amazing. The color theme was white and cornflour blue.

I walked into the huge modern kitchen to see Luca sitting on the counter with an apple in his hand. Julia was stirring something on the stove and I internally moaned at the smell that wafted around the room.

"You are a wonderful young man, Luca. You remind me so much of my nephew."

"And you are a beautiful woman, Julia." Luca said smoothly, dropping his eye in a wink and taking a bite of his apple.

Julia looked up at him and blushed.

"Julia, where is Mr. Thompson?" a young guy of around my age walked into the kitchen. His t-shirt was in his hand and his whole upper body was drenched in sweat. He had short blonde hair and dark chocolate eyes. His abdomen was carved and his jeans hung low on his waist. Golly.

"Sam! HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU NOT TO WALK AROUND THE HOUSE SHIRTLESS!" Julia yelled suddenly, making me jump.

"Calm down, bella." Luca spoke up and she immediately did.

Just then, Luca's eyes met mine and he smirked at me. I rolled my eyes.

"A few thousand times but I don't like the feel of fabric on my skin and you know that--well hello." Sam's eyes slid to my form standing in the doorway.

"Hey. Eleoner." I shook his hand and watched as he bent down to kiss my hand.

"Sam. Nice to meet you."

"Sam, Mr. Thompson is out at the moment. What's the issue?" Julia spoke up.

"Tell him the chlorinator needs repair."

"Yes, fine I will. By the way, Sam, this is Eleoner, Mrs. Thompson's daughter and this is Luca, her friend."

"You just made my job something to look forward to. I'm the pool boy." he smirked at me, "If you ever wanna take a dip, the pool is just behind the mansion. You'll find me there." he winked.

I glanced at Luca, saw his glare and smirked, "I'll probably be taking a dip in the evening."

"Perfect. See ya there."

He kissed my hand again and turned to leave. Just then, he turned back around again and walked up to Luca.

"Sorry. Forgot to introduce myself to you. Im Sam. Nice to meet you." he raised his hand and Luca grabbed it.

"Luca. Likewise." I watched as Sam's face scrunched in pain and then realised Luca was crushing his hand. Luca then let him go and Sam scurried off.

"Don't mind him, Eleoner. He's a bit on the flirty side. He's a nice boy though."

"Sure he is." I heard Luca mutter.

"What's wrong, Luc?" I asked with a smile.

He glared at me and I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing.

"Come on, you two. The spaghetti is ready."

Luca and I took our across from each other and Julia served us.

"It looks amazing, Julia." Luca smiled at her and she blushed. For someone in her late 40's Julia looked beautiful. Her face hardly had any wrinkles and her eyes were always bright and full of life. I frowned at the exchange.

"Aren't you going to eat with us?" I asked her.

"What? No, no." she laughed lightly.

"Shut up and sit down, Ju. Eat with us." I laughed lightly, using her old nickname.