Chapter 4

LIES OF THE HEART

She pulled off her sunshade in amusement. She had her eyes on the huge company and people had their eyes on her. The purple trouser she wore went well with her lilac sleeveless shirt which was well  tucked in ,her heels were something to crave for ,her dangling crystal ball earing gave extra beauty to her face,her black bag was so dope as well.

      "I never thought I'd be here",she muttered looking around.

      "Did he work for this?",she asked looking at Jamie.
      "From what the internet says yes Ma'm", he said with a slight nod.

She took a few steps ahead only to be met by a face she never thought she was gonna see soon.

      "Olive",Kim called with a wide smile.
Olive took a moment to look at her and a small smile appeared on her face.

      "Hey Kimberly",she muttered and made an attempt to walk ahead.

      "I saw the news",she muttered and walked ahead of her so she'll look at her.

      "How did you get yourself to be engaged to Alex",she asked.

Olive smiled and raised her head high and cleared her throat.

      "The question should be how did Alex get to be engaged to me",she said .

       "You really still think high of yourself huh?", Kimberly asked.

Olive's smile widened as she flipped her hair with pride.

      "I just wanted to tell you that Alex is my man ", Kimberly said and she looked at her.

      "What?", Kimberly asked with a mocking laugh.

      "Didn't he tell you?", Kimberly asked, flipping her shoulder length hair.

      "We have been together for three years", Kimberly said.

      "As you know I haven't been in the country ",she said and looked around.

      "And a lot has happened and I'm here to claim what rightfully belongs to me", Kimberly said.

     "Good luck with that Kim", Olive said keeping her anger as much as she could and putting on a very wide smile.

      "If he ever did love you he wouldn't have gotten engaged to me", Olive confidently said ,her head held high up.

       "You know what ...",she said looking straight at her.

      "Go ahead,do anything you want,do anything you like with him", Olive said.

      "I can totally assure you he's mine",she said and angrily walked out of the company.

   Her eyes stared blankly outside during the drive. Her mind was everywhere , thinking about who she was and who she was going to be.
The thought of Kimberly lane being Alex's girlfriend wasn't at all helpful .

     "I should wear this so people would buy it", Olive muttered staring at the long black dress set before her.

     "Yes", Kimberly muttered .

Kimberly is a designer and Olive hated her the most for being the next followed female after her.

      "How much will you pay me?", Olive asked.

      "You get to be paid?", Kimberly asked totally surprised.

      "If I get to wear this dress you'd in 12 hours run out of stock and probably sell more than you budgeted ", Olive carefully calculated.