Ruby's Oneshot

"Dreaaaamm, come hereee,"

George whined. An ice pack was on his forehead he was covered to his shoulders with a thick blanket.

Clay sighed as he mixed up a cup of hot Ovaltine. He brought the steaming cup to George's bedside table and sat on the stool he had pulled out. He placed the drink down.

"I told you, don't call me Dream when we're outside of YouTube."

"But it sounds nice," George giggled to himself, "I like the sound of Dream."

Clay whipped out an electric thermometer and stuck it in George's mouth.

"Bhwats bthat bou btuck binto bi bouth? (What's that you stuck into my mouth?)" George attempted to ask, the thermometer dangling precariously as he tried to talk.

"A thermometer. And don't talk, it's gonna screw up the reading."

The thermometer let out a large beep and Clay fished it out.

"38.7°C." he said to himself. He jotted it down into a notebook which had the temperature of George listed down in 1 hour intervals.

He stood up again to place the notebook on the kitchen table when he felt something tugging at his hoodie. It was George grasping at the side of his clothes.

"Don't go away Clay, stay with meeeeeee."

"I'm coming back soon okay? I just need to put this notebook there and I'll sit with you for as long as you want."

"Pinky promise?" George's eyes lit up like a small child. He feebly lifted his arm up and extended his pinky. Clay interconnected his pinky with George's.

"Pinky promise." Clay said, his face flushing scarlet.

George smiled, satisfied. He closed his eyes again.

Clay placed the book on the table and returned to George. He was already snoring. Clay could not help but run his hands through George's fluffy bedhair. George snuggled into his warm hand.

"I love you so much Clay."

George mumbled. Clay's eyes widened in surprise. George normally did not show much affection through his words. Clay remembered the many times he tried to make George say "I love you" to him on stream before they started dating in vain. It took an 8 hour stream leading to an exhausted George and a ridiculous contract for Clay to hear his first "I love you". He remembered the Twitch chat went wild.

Of course Clay facetimed George after the stream. He would be a dickhead if he did not do that.

"I love you too."

"Nooo, you must say I love you too, George," George pouted.

"Wow, you're alert enough to know if I even said your name?"

"Say it, Dreaaaamm."

"I love you too, George."

George let out a small laugh as he went back into his fevered sleep.

There was a faint knocking on the front door. Clay reluctantly left George's sleeping side and went to answer the door. It was Nick and he brought a container full of chicken soup.

"Heard George was sick and decided to visit."

"Sure. He's sleeping right now, so I'll probably feed him the soup later."

"Feed him?" Nick scoffed, as they walked to the living room, "What is he, a child?"

"Basically. You know he said I love you to me just now?"

"Wow, that's rare. Treasure it while it lasts-"

"OUCH!"

A yell could be heard from the bedroom. Clay and Nick worriedly rushed over.

They saw George sitting up, a brown liquid staining the white sheets. A cup was knocked over on the bedside table and there was the same brown liquid all over the floor.

"Fuck, my Ovaltine..."

"Language!" George said, cradling his finger. Nick stifled a laugh.

"I'll go get some tissues. I'll leave you two lovebirds to some alone time." He said before racing out of the room before Clay could punch him. Clay pulled away the dirty blanket and frowned seeing George shiver without the warmth of the blanket.

"Here, take my hoodie." Clay said, as he took off his hoodie and passed it to George. It was a couple sizes to big for him, but it looked cute on the smaller boy. Nick returned with a rag and began cleaning up the mess while Clay took a plaster from the first aid kit and applied it on George's burnt finger.

"It hurts, Dream."

"I know it does, but it'll get better soon, alright?"

Clay could hear Nick snickering in the background and chose to ignore him.

"Can you please kiss it to make it feel better?"

Nick was trying even harder to not burst into laughter.

"Omigosh, I'm going to regret this…"

Clay bent over and gave George's finger a little peck. George smiled in delight.

"Thank you, Dream. I love you."

"I love you too George." his cheeks on fire for the second time that day.

After changing the sheets, George once again started sleeping. Nick and Clay shuffled out of the room quietly.

"Your face is a tomato Clay."

"Shut up, Nick."

Nick laughed. He threw the rag into the washing machine.

"I can tell George really loves you, even if he doesn't say it out loud usually."

Clay ran his fingers through his hair.

"I know, I know. I do love him a lot too, but I just wish he'd say it more often, you know."

Nick's phone buzzed. He took it out of his back pocket and checked it.

"I'm going on Vincent's talkshow later so I have to go now. Say hi to George for me."

"Will do."

Nick left the apartment and Clay locked the door behind him. He returned to George's room and was not surprised to see George still snuggled in his blanket. Feeling quite tired himself, Clay gingerly climbed into the other side of the queen sized bed. Sinking into his pillow, he felt arms snake around his waist and attempt to pull him closer to George. Clay complies.

"I love you, Clay." George whispered, feeling Clay's warm body against his.

"I love you so much, more than you could ever know George." Clay whispered back.

George responded by hugging Clay tighter.

----
1009 words
----
Hope you like it :)