-35- 🌹 What Love Is

Start from the beginning

I sob in relief, throwing my arms around Landon's neck and squeezing him tightly. My nose buries into his neck, inhaling his calming scent of lavender and pine. Landon's arms wind around me, pulling me flush against his body as he settles in between my legs. He holds me as I cry tears of joy, clutching his shirt while he whispers how much he loves me over and over.

"I love you too," I sniffle against his neck. Landon sighs contentedly, bringing one hand up to my hair and running his fingers through my dark locks. We hold each other, soaking in our bond that's breathing peacefully, relieved of any strain.

"I saw Elias," Landon murmurs after a while, and I pull back to look at him with wide eyes.

"Elias? Easton's wolf?" I clarify skeptically.

He smiles softly. "It's a long story. I ran into Elder Joan, and she found a way for me and Leo to talk to Elias."

My breath catches in my throat. "Oh my goddess," I whisper in shock. "Are you okay? Holy shit, Landon! Why wasn't that the first thing you said when you got back?! That's huge!"

"I had something more important to tell you first," Landon grins, rubbing his knuckles over my cheeks that are heating up. "I'll tell you all about that later."

"But—"

"Right now," he cuts in, pressing his forehead to mine, "I need to talk to you about something else."

I gulp thickly. "What is it?"

"I think I'm ready."

"Ready for what?"

Landon chuckles, rubbing our noses together. "I'm ready to complete the mating process."

Blood rushes to my face so quickly that I become lightheaded, and I blink at Landon in a daze. "Are you sure? I don't want to rush you—"

"Ry, you've been more patient than any other wolf would have been. There is no way in hell that you're rushing me. You helped me, tremendously, by giving me time. Now, it's time to help you. We're going to make love and bring River back."

While the idea of bringing River back fills me with joy, it's not the reason for the large smile on my face. "Make love, huh?" I repeat, my smile so wide that my cheeks hurt.

Landon's cheeks pinken. "Yeah. This isn't just a fuck to fulfill an obligation. We're going to make love, because... well, I love you."

I capture his lips with mine, twisting my fingers into his soft hair. Landon hums in surprise, wasting no time in responding to the fluid movements of my lips. My tongue easily slides into his mouth, swirling with his own tongue in a battle for dominance. Landon pushes me back onto the couch before covering my body with his and reconnecting our lips in a hungry kiss. I wrap my legs around his waist, moaning at the feeling of his weight pressing me into the couch.

It's not long before our hips are rolling, grinding against one another. Our hands roam, pulling off articles of clothing until we're left only in our boxers. His erection strains against the fabric of his underwear, and I slip my hand past the waistband to grasp his shaft.

"Ngh!" Landon moans, biting his lower lip as I slowly pump him. His pink tip is already so wet for me; precum dripping down onto my hand. Licking my lips, I push Landon towards the opposite end of the couch, onto his back. He throws his head back with a gasp when I take him into my mouth, humming from the sweet taste of him.

"Honeybee," Landon groans, gripping my hair as I bob my head up and down in a circular motion. His tip hits the back of my throat when I swallow him down, letting my nose brush against his pelvis. "Fuck, baby!"

The vein on the underside of his cock pulses along my tongue, making my lips stretch into a smile around his thick shaft. Hollowing my cheeks, I suck him harder until his heels are digging into the couch cushions, and his back is arching.

"R-Ryland!" Landon cries out, eyes flashing bright blue moments before his hot cum floods my mouth. Precum spills from my own cock at the taste of my mate's essence on my tongue, and I gingerly palm myself through my underwear.

I suck him dry, helping him ride out his high until there's not a single drop of cum left. Releasing his half-hard cock from mouth, I smile up at Landon. He pants breathlessly, reaching forward to trace his thumb along my swollen lower lip.

Landon growls lowly in a way that makes River purr submissively, taking me by surprise. He hooks his thumbs in the waistband of my boxer-briefs; his usual bright blue eyes now darkened with lust.

"Ryland, is it okay to— OH MY GODDESS!"

Landon and I scramble on the couch, grabbing throw pillows to cover our bodies as Kai covers his eyes.

"Jesus Christ, Kai!" I shriek at my younger brother. "Can't you learn how to fucking knock?!"

"You're in the living room!" Kai shouts back, still covering his eyes. "You're not the only one who lives here, you know!"

"Just go to your room!"

Kai grumbles, trudging upstairs as Landon and I quickly redress. My face is aflame in embarrassment as I button up my pants.

"Let's take a trip," Landon abruptly suggests. "It would be better to... you know... when there's no one to interrupt."

"Thank fuck," I grin at him. "After five years of having blue balls, I'm pretty much ready to let go."

Landon bites his lower lip with a smile, leaning in to brush his lips against my ear. "Trust me, baby. We're going to make up for all that lost time."

~~~

You guys. What the fuck. "SCM" is ranked #2 in Paranormal, out of 1000+ stories

 "SCM" is ranked #2 in Paranormal, out of 1000+ stories

Thank you guys for reading. Seriously, it means so much to me and encourages me to write even more

Anyway! Landon said the L word! Hurray!

Thoughts??

Q: What's your favorite vacation spot?
[the Washington coast]

See you next time!
-Gumbie

See you next time!-Gumbie