✎ kakumiyo joji

"YOUR HONEY VOICE ECHOES IN EVERY NOISE

"YOUR HONEY VOICE ECHOES IN EVERY NOISE."

NAME: kakumiyo joji (last, first)
NAME MEANINGS: joji - hand over peace
kakumiyo - his father's surname
NICKNAMES: miyo
GENDER: male
AGE: nineteen
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: demisexual
SPECIES: human
RACE: asian
NATIONALITY: japanese - american
OCCUPATION: agent for the armed detective agency

HEIGHT: 5'7"
WEIGHT: 163lbs
BODY TYPE: ectomorph
EYE COLOR: gray
HAIR: messy with slight curves. most of his hair is white, but he has a few brown streaks in it as well.
NOTABLE MARKINGS: he has scars around his ankles, and he has two identical scars on his upper back
FACECLAIM: agata katsuhira

NOTABLE MARKINGS: he has scars around his ankles, and he has two identical scars on his upper backFACECLAIM: agata katsuhira

CASUAL WEAR:

PERSONALITY: joji is typically a calm and collected boy, and he almost seems bored with the things happening around him, and it's because he is

PERSONALITY: joji is typically a calm and collected boy, and he almost seems bored with the things happening around him, and it's because he is. he is very emotionally unaware, and he doesn't know how to identify most of his feelings simply because no one explained them to him when he was a child. he still has his feelings, but he hides them immensely. anytime he's around anyone he doesn't have to be guarded around, he becomes far more emotionally and commonly asks others at the agency how he's feeling by describing it. he's actually really soft and kind, just very very blunt and sharp towards people he doesn't know.
LIKES: food, computers, bodies of water,  exploring, coffee, flying
DISLIKES: most people, large group events, cold weather, hot weather, bugs
STRENGTHS: joji is a designated inventor and intelligence agent for the agency, so not only is he well-versed with the agency's secrets, he is also very skilled in making things and thinking up unusual solutions to problems
WEAKNESSES: due to what joji has been through, he is... emotionally unavailable, to say the least. he has trouble relating to people, just because he's bad at discerning how he feels. he's truly an empath, but he doesn't know how to express it.
HOBBIES: producing music - joji swore that if he weren't part of the agency, he would be a music producer.
annoying kunikida - he spends any time that he doesn't have anything at all to do by annoying kunikida with dazai.
sleeping - joji sleeps a lot for someone of his age.

FAMILY: kakumiyo bassui (father, deceased), june jennings (mother, deceased), kakumiyo amajiki (grandfather, status unknown)
BEST FRIENDS: ranpo edagawa, miyazawa kenji, dazai osamu
FRIENDS: kunikida doppo, tanizaki jun'ichirou, yosano akiko
AQUAINTANCES: basically the rest of the agency :')
ENEMIES: the port mafia, the guild
LOVE INTEREST: nakajima atsushi

BIRTH DATE: august 8th, ?????
ZODIAC SIGN: leo
BACKSTORY: joji's father was sent to american two years before joji was born. bassui met june, joji's mother, and almost immediately fell for one another. the two were happily in love, and the birth of their son was meant to be met with excitement. that excitement died out when june died giving birth to joji. this quickly led to his father growing a deep sense of hatred for him, his father blaming him for his mother's death. joji had inherited how emotional his mother was, and his father ridiculed him for it, shaming joji for simply having emotions. this led him to keeping everything inside, not ever expressing how he felt. when joji was fifteen, his father died due to suicide, and since june had no living relatives, joji was sent back to live with his grandfather in japan. his grandfather was a vile man, and had abused joji for one year straight, until he finally escaped. he was found by dazai in an alleyway just after joji had discovered that he had a gift, and brought him back to the agency.

GIFT: wings of rebellion
when joji activates his gift, two wide, feathery gray wings grow out from his back. he can really only use them to fly, but the ability that comes with them is what got him into the agency initially. when his wings are out, he can heal the wounds of other people. then again, this is only when his gift is activated, and he can't use it when he's flying.
EXTRA ABILITIES: because joji is the inventor for the agency, he makes offensive weapons that he can use, since he isn't well trained in martial arts. his main invention is a taser type of weapon. it is a skeletal type of machine that attaches to his hands, and attached to the machine are long electrified tendrils that he can control. he also carries a gun with him, like anyone would.
EXTRA: he spends a lot of time adding fish to the agency's empty fish tank.

"I WANT TO LIGHT FIRES, I WANT TO EXPLODE, I WANT TO BE EVERYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW."