✎ utano nozomi

"WHY DOES THE SUN SET BABY?"

NAME: utano nozomi (last, first)
NAME MEANING(S): nozomi - hope
utano - her family's surname
NICKNAME(S): nozo, zomi, utano
GENDER: female
AGE: sixteen
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: undisclosed
SPECIES: human
RACE: asian
NATIONALITY: japanese
OCCUPATION: student

HEIGHT: 5' 5"
WEIGHT: 140 lbs
BODY TYPE: thin
EYE COLOR: a purple - blue color
HAIR: gray - black, long with bangs. she wears it down most often but will wear it in a ponytail for practices.
NOTABLE MARKINGS: her ears are double pierced, and she has a scar on her jawline
FACECLAIM: mai sakurajima

NOTABLE MARKINGS: her ears are double pierced, and she has a scar on her jawlineFACECLAIM: mai sakurajima

CASUAL WEAR:

FORMAL WEAR:

FORMAL WEAR:

SWIMWEAR:

SLEEPWEAR:

SLEEPWEAR:

PERSONALITY: nozomi has an attitude

PERSONALITY: nozomi has an attitude. she's a very laid back girl, not seeming to care about anything around her. she's sarcastic and will clap back at anyone who says anything to her. because of her nature, she's a bit hard to become friends. she's the type who you have to be really determined to become friends with, unless she wants to be your friend first. if you do manage to befriend her, she's actually really intelligent, kind and funny, and will listen to your problems without hesitation. behind her cool and sarcastic demeanor, she actually cares a lot about the things she does and the things people say to her. pretending she doesn't care is her strongsuit. she also gets tired easily.
LIKES: music, curry balls, late night bike rides, teasing her friends, yogurt, cats, and salty things
DISLIKES: hot weather, cold tea, things that are too sweet, tobio kageyama, and dogs
STRENGTHS: her ability to pretend, her intelligence, and her rationality
WEAKNESSES: bottling up her emotions, her smart mouth, and how much she let's other people's words get to her
HOBBIES: music - she considers music more as a passion than a hobby, but she has played the trumpet since grade school.
gaming - nozomi actually really likes playing video games. she'll sit and play on her phone anytime she isn't needed in practice or rehearsal.

FAMILY: utano - ren ichika  (mother, alive), utano daisuke (father, alive), utano hibiki (brother, alive)
BEST FRIENDS: yachi hitoka, nishinoya yuu, tanaka ryunosuke
FRIENDS: tsukishima kei, hinata shoyo, sara hina (member of the music club)
AQUAINTANCES: basically the rest of the volleyball club
ENEMIES: kageyama tobio
LOVE INTEREST: tsukishima kei

BIRTHDATE: may 19th, 1996
ZODIAC SIGN: taurus
BACKSTORY: nozomi grew up with her family in the miyagi prefecture of japan. they lived in a small house on the coast of the region, spending most of their time fishing or swimming. her parents played a lot of beach volleyball while nozomi played the trumpet on her front porch. when she came of age for middle school, the young couple sent nozomi to kitagawa first, knowing that their music program was one of the best for middle school. in her second year, she met tobio kageyama, a boy from the volleyball team. they became best friends, and in her final year of middle school, the two dated for a few months. at that point, nozomi was spending all of her time on music, and kageyama on volleyball. he thought that her goal was stupid, and when they broke up, he made sure she knew that. that made nozomi start to second guess her choices. she became less interested in it, simply because someone told her it wasn't worth it. her parents enrolled her in karasuno high school because it also had a very good music department. she was in the music club for a few months, but eventually stopped going to the club. it wasn't until upperclassman kiyoko shimizu asked her to apply for a manager position, along with another first year, did she think about joining another club. now, an unmotivated first year who seemingly lost her passion is stuck with a group of insanely passionate volleyball boys.
EXTRAS: she joined the club as a manager after seeing kageyama again, the first reason being out of spite and the second being that he gave her the chance to see how he changed. she gives kageyama and hinata lessons with yachi, and has a seemingly burning hatred towards tsukishima. she decides to quit the volleyball club and rejoin the concert band in her second year, and she has a cat named noam.

"HOW CAN I EXPLAIN IT TO YOU, WHEN I CAN'T TALK AT ALL?"