"W-where are you t-taking me, Chisaki-san?" she asked, as they finally went out out of the door. She was greeted by a dark hallway, which was illuminated only by a few old fluorescent lights on the ceiling, noticing how they flicker every once in a while.

"I'm taking you out."

"W-what?" she asked again, not sure if what she heard was real.

"Are you deaf?" the man retorted, causing the female to just bite ger lip and keep quiet as she was dragged away.

A few seconds of deafening silence passed, the only thing that (Y/n) can hear was their footsteps as tgey traverse the maze-like hallways. But soon, the ravenette decided to break the silence.

"Also, you're a Chisaki now. Stop calling me the same name as yours." he said.
-------------
The screams of agony of the two children filled the hallways of the orphanage resulting for every single person inside the building to witness what was happening — the children from the orphanage.

The woman from earlier, went to the other building of the orphanage where the adults' quarters are located. She was ordered by the man to inform their superiors, highlighting his words when he said that 'a bunch of filthy brats dared to escape'.

"You little imbeciles! You think you can run away from us?!" the man shouted at the twins as he grab their hair with his hands that resembled that of a lizard's and lift them up and throw them against the wall. The two children felt their bones crack as they made contact to the cement wall — their bones releasing cracking sounds.

Meanwhile, the spectators of the scenario were left looking down on the twins as they struggle to get back on their feet, at least one of them. Rie's eyes widened when he saw his sister's body lying motionless on the floor. He tried to move his limbs, trying to crawl his way where his sister is.

"(N/n).... (N/n)??" he called out through his wheezy voicy, gasping for air. But he didn't hear any reply, or at least, didn't see any movement from his twin. The boy grew horrified when his eyes rested on (Y/n)'s face as blood began to ooze out of the cut on her forehead.

The boy began sobbing loudly, his hand trying to reach out for (Y/n)'s unmoving ones, as of it was his only lifeline.

"(N/n), p-please wake up... D-don' t leave m-me... P-please... I beg you..." he cried out, his voice choking because of the tears tgat continued to flow from his eyes down to his cheeks. He gripped the little girl's hand tightly, begging continuously for her to wake up but everything was in vain.

Rie let out a yelp when he was grabbed on the hair again. The man crouched down to meet the boy's crimson eyes, his own reptile-like eyes seething with anger but his mouth was fashioned in a smirk.

"You brats never learn. You belong in this place, you'll always be a tool! Why don't you just be grateful that we gave you worthless assholes a home to stay in?!" the man shouted, his spit spraying onto Rie's face. But instead of being scared, the boy struggled to get out of the man's hold to no avail.

His eyes were seething with anger and disgust as he spoke,"You call this a home?! NO! Y-you treated us like animals! All of–" before the little boy could finish, the lizard man gave him another blow on the face.

The older man continued to punch and kick the male twin as the others began to disperse to their rooms, not even batting an eyelash to the scene. However, the man didn't notice that the little girl had finally became conscious, her sight blurry but she can still make out what was happening in front of her as her sibling release screams of agonizing pain.

'N-no... Please...' she tried to talk but to no avail, her voice wouldn't come out no matter what she does.

She tried to lift up her right hand, trying to reach out to her twin. Her whole body fealt heavy, and every muscle that she tried to move brought extreme discomfort. She can also feel the warm crimson liquid that was oozing from her head, she can feel her insides ache but despite of this, she tried to crawl her way to where Rie is.

(Y/n) gave up on reaching for Rie's hand, instead she tried to reach for the man that was tormenting her brother. She thought that at least, one of them had to escape— one of them had to survive. At that moment, the little girl knew that she was never strong enough to live through but at least, right now, she had to do something — anything just to let Rie experience the life that the both of them had been longing for.

The female twin grabbed on the man's foot, the man immediately looked at her, trying to pry (Y/n)'s arms who began to embrace his leg off of him.

"You little shit!" he screamed, trying to kick the girl. The spectators on the other hand didn't dare to move, because they knew that the little quirkless girl's effort was in vain and the man can handle her on his own.

(Y/n) then tried to lift her own body, it was a success despite the fact that she was heavily injured, she embraced the man's leg.

"R-rie.." she said, struggling with her position.

"(N/n)!!" the boy immediately tried to get up on his feet, his legs wobbling from exhaustion and pain.

"No! DON'T!" the little girl shouted, making Rie stop from going near her.

"Run! RUN, RIE! Leave me!" she screamed again, thankful that her voice had finally come back.

Rie's eyes began to sting, his crimson orbs releasing a waterfall of hot tears.

"W-what are y-you saying? No—"

"Please! Survive for the both of us! Leave me, Rie! I-I can't go with you, I'm sorry.." (Y/n) said, she then felt another punch on her face but she tried her best to hold onto the man's legs.

Rie couldn't move from where he was standing, his crimson eyes flickered towards his twin's (e/c) ones, as if she was begging for him to run as the man tried to get her off.

The little boy gulped at his own saliva, he recalled what the Hero man had told him. When he realized that heroes are on their way to the orphanage, he clenched his fists as tears flooded his eyes.

"I-I'll come back f-for you!" he shouted. He saw (Y/n) release a smile, despite her bruised body and face, and mouthed something before he turned away to run.

The other children who were watching, letting him. Because deep inside, they knew that they were thankful of the twins, for giving them a little bit of hope.

--------------
Author's Note:

This chapter took a long while. I was struggling to write because of my family situation, which is, by the way, an abusive one (mentally and physically). Anw, I hope you guys are doing well. I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter :)

Also, we're almost near 1k votes! Please comment which of the paintings featured on the past chapters you'd like me to paint. So that once this reach 1k votes, I can finally start doing it ^^