Happy (Ch.1)

(Y/n) (L/n) have always dreamt of becoming a huge artist in Japan even though having a foreign name in the country. At the age of 18 she travelled to the foreign land to study arts, particularly, painting. She loved how the locals have always been appreciative of paintings and other works of art unlike the previous place she lived in. At the age of 22, she had her first exhibit and became pretty well-known with the help of some acquaintances that she made.

(Y/n) made her way down the halls of the venue where her second exhibit as an artist was being held. It was already 6:00 in the evening and it was almost time to close the said event. All of the reviews and comments about her works have been mostly positive. All of her paintings already have their respective buyers and were ready to be shipped tomorrow except for this one. She was in the middle of looking at the said painting when she felt someone tap her shoulder and she immediately looked at the person. "You okay?" her friend, Fuyumi asked.

"Ah yes. I'm just... really happy right now." She answered with a smile.

"Well, you should be. Your dream's slowly turning into reality ever since you came here and I don't think you have any reason to feel the opposite."

"I just – I'm just really overwhelmed with everything that's been happening in my life. To the point that I don't know how I should react." (Y/n) let out a sigh and Fuyumi gave her an empathetic smile in return. This particular friend of hers knows every little thing that she needed to go through in order for all of these to happen and (Y/n) will always be grateful to her for sticking by her side.

"Relax. " Fuyumi said while giving her a gentle rub on the shoulder just to calm her nerves down. "You deserve all of this and I'm happy for you."

"Thanks, Yumi." She replied while giving her friend a reassuring smile.

"So anyways, I need to go home now. I still need to prepare some dinner for Shouto. Do you want me to give you a lift?"

"Sure. Thanks but I think I still need to... digest everything that's been happening." (Y/n) leaned closer to her friend and gave her a hug and both of them said their goodbyes to each other.

Immediately, after Fuyumi got out of the venue, she scanned the whole room and noticed that there were no longer other people — well maybe except her and another man who was looking at one of her paintings a few feet from where she was standing. The man has short jet-black hair and was wearing a black mask covering the lower part of his face. He was just looking at the painting while holding a bouquet of flowers with his right hand and the other hand was resting inside one of his pockets. Roses, yellow roses (y/n) whispered to herself. But what really caught her attention were his eyes. It was a bright amber color, and resembled the color of a gold bar but mostly, the color of the flowers resting on one of his hands. (Y/n) found herself fascinated with his long lashes that fit perfectly with his eyes but most importantly, she noticed the way he was looking at her painting. "Why do you look so sad?" (y/n) thought to herself – at least she thinks so but she immediately covered her mouth when the female realized that she said her thoughts out loud and got the attention of the man who was now looking at her with his captivating eyes. Oh shit.

"S-sorry, I was j-just" she stuttered while thinking of a reason why she just asked that stupid question out loud to a stranger.

The man smiled – at least that's what she thinks so, considering the fact that the lower part of his face was covered with a mask. "Why do you think so?" he asked with a hint of curiosity in his tone and she immediately wanted to punch herself on the face because of the stupidity she just committed.

"I... That's what your eyes told me." (Y/n) answered honestly and she heared him release a small chuckle from his mouth.

He slowly went to the girl's side without saying anything and she just stood there looking at him and studying his every movement. He stood beside (y/n), facing the painting that she was looking at a while ago. He intently studied the whole painting.

"What do you think of it?" She asked almost hesitantly, noting how serious he looks while studying the canvas.

He removed his gaze from her work for a while to look at the artist and slightly opened his mouth to answer "It's different." (Y/n) was suddenly intrigued by the word that he chose to describe it. Different? How?

"How come?" She asked curiously. Without removing his gaze from the painting, he answered "It just is and I'm..." the man paused for a moment with a rather happy ? The artist wasn't sure what it was but the ravenette's expression was different from the sadness before, it was more gentle and warm.

"Happy." He finally said before turning his gaze to the female again and suddenly stretching his arms to give her the flowers that he was holding and (y/n) was confused for a moment. "For you" He said and she slowly accepted the bouquet, unsure if it was really meant for her. Yellow roses, the female thought again.

"Thank you." (Y/n) replied, feeling her cheeks warming up. "I'll have to leave now, miss." The ravenette said which (y/n) just replied with a nod and then he started walking away, leaving her with her mouth slightly open. What just happened? She was confused with everything. And before he can open the door to the exit, (y/n) suddenly remembered...

"W-wait..."

The man halted and moved his head slightly sideways, to let her know that he was listening. "W-what's your name?" Goddamit! Stop stuttering! He did not answer for a few seconds but then he opened his mouth and said "That's for next time." And headed his way to the exit.

Immediately, when (y/n) saw the man completely leave the venue, she noticed the uncertain feeling in her stomach which she couldn't seem to grasp the cause of this new sensation. (Y/n) just found herself thinking of the man that just left. He was a mere stranger but why does he feel familiar? The artist looked at the bouquet of flowers and she just found herself touching the petals with her right hand. "Yellow roses. A flower which symbolizes appreciation and friendship but more importantly, feelings of joy and delight." She whispered to herself.