Rie walked slowly and as quiet as possible along the halls of the orphanage, his tiny footsteps causing the wooden floor to creak under him. He was beginning to feel tired but decided to just ignore it. After all, he has to accomplish his mission to escape safe and sound from the building.

"We can send that little kid again- did you hear something?"

The little boy felt his breath hitch and almost lost his balance when he heard the voice. He quickly hide behind a wall to avoid being seen by the owner of the voice and his companion.

"I swear I heard someone's footsteps." the voice said.

"That's probably just a rat or something, those pests have been everywhere!" another voice answered, this time it was a woman's.

Rie slowly tried to lift his sister of his back, careful not to cause any sound. Tiny drops of sweat were trickling down his forehead because of the fear and anxiety of being caught.

When (Y/n) finally managed to get off his back, he signaled her to keep quiet by lifting his index finger in front of his lips. The little girl nodded at him, covering her mouth with her tiny hands. With this, Rie tried to take a peak from where they were to the two older people who were patrolling the area.

"Well, if you say so. I guess the little fuckers haven't been cleaning thoroughly." the man said.

"Come on now. We still need to check upstairs, just do whatever you want to those children tomorrow."

"Yeah, I'll also make sure to have fun with some of those fresh meat tomorrow. They don't even cry or anything when you fuck them you know?" the man replied, giggling like a maniac.

"Now, that's disgusting. You might get sick because of how dirty those brats are, you know." the woman said, laughing at her companion's remark.

The male twin who had been listening to the exchange of the two couldn't help but clench his jaw because of the raw anger that he was feeling. He wanted to at least shout at them or maybe hurt them before they can escape but he decided to stay quiet for the sake of his sister.

(Y/n) on the other hand, noticed how Rie balled his fists because of the emotion. She understood what he was feeling but at the same time, she didn't want her twin to be filled with such negative passion. The little girl decided to stretch out her hands and cage one of Rie's in it, the only thing that she can think of to calm her sibling.

The action caught Rie's attention and he immediately met his sister's (e/c) orbs. The little girl gave the boy a reassuring smile, and the latter instantly understood what the gesture meant. The male twin breathed deeply, trying to calm his nerves down and then gave (Y/n) a determined nod as a reply.

The little girl's smile grew wider but suddenly it turned into a look of horror, which confused Rie. But when he noticed the shadows of the people towering behind him, he slowly turned around and the same expressiom was plastered on his face in an instant.

They were discovered.

---------------
The artist heard the door open. She immediately let go of the old man's hand and wiped her tears. She adjusted her (e/c) orbs to meet Chisaki's amber ones.

The ravenette noticed the woman's swollen eyes and red nose, indicating she has just finished crying for the nth time ever since she has lived in the Shie Hassaikai residence. It irked him inside, he almost wanted to get rid of the expression that his wife was wearing.

"Get up. I'm taking you with me." he said, grabbing the woman's arm without hesitation.

(Y/n) felt how much Chisaki's grip was as he pull her towards the door. She decided to keep quiet about the pain and just oblige him to avoid any problems.