Chapter 3

It's only after hours and hours of jet lagged fueled sleep that my stomach finally decides to make itself heard. I first wake up, eyes only half open staring off into darkness before my stomach lets out an enormous growl, I immediatly blush from embarassiment, rubbing my stomach but it refuses to calm down. A flash of foods runs through my head and I feel my mouth water. Orange chicken, ice cream sandwitches, garlic bread, toast, cereal, pockey, basically anything is suitable at this point.

After a few minutes it becomes to much and I sit up, groaning as my muscles shift back into place. My makeshift duvet of a sheet and towel fall off me as I slip off the twin bed, landing on the zipper of my unpacked suitcase. I yelp in suprise as my foot contacts the cool metal, jumping to the side in my haste to get away.

I blush and mentally scold myself, really? You're going to wake up the whole house for a zipper? I giggle at the sudden sexual inneudno, quickly stopping myself and hearing for any sign of awakend Lesters. Nothing, just the sound of Mr. Lester's snores.

I sigh in relief, running a hand through my now curly hair and glaring at the bit of fringe in my eyes. Does anyone actually want curly hair? If so they can gladly have mine.

My stomach protests again, urging me to move towards the door. Since the Lesters is fairly new so it doesn't creek as much as my old home. And for that I've never been more grateful. I open the door slowly, still feelkng awkward about poking around somebodies home without there permission, I look down the hall before stepping into it, moving as quietly along the wall as possible.

Do not wake them they will be pissed if you wake them, I think to myself, the doctor who theme running through my head this time but I refuse to start dancing along to it. No time, I need the foods to live.

I make it too the stairs no problem, shuffling down two at a time when something covers my mouth. I cant help but squeal, rocketing forward but something wraps around my waist and pulls me back. Rapist, I moved in with a family of rapist! Its just like Taken why wasnt I more careful?!

"Shhhh, Im helping you jesus," Phil whispers into my ear before letting go of me.

I think over my options for a minute, scream out for Mr and Mrs Lester to help me? No, thatd wake them up for no reason and besides, no matter how he acts im still taller than Phil, which means longer legs for running.

After a few moments I head down the steps the dw theme rushing back in full force as I finally reach the last step and turn left to the kitchen. Phil's footsteps creak sometimes, alearting me he is there and does not care if his parents wake up or not.

I will away the urge to shush him, afraid he will leave and ill have to navigate myself around this kitchen alone. My stomach growls on instinct as I finally reach the kitchen, grinning proudly as I move behind the island towards the fridge.

"Hungry?" Phil laughs in a low voice, he doesn't want to wake up his parents either, he's just more secretive about it.

I just nod to his question, wincing at how loud the fridge is as I open it. I look over my options, stomach growling and basically screaming at my head, just chose something. Bile rises in my throat as I look over the options, finally settling on a yogurt cup and two slices of lunch meat. I begin to speak when Phil finally speaks up.

"Can you get me a beer?" he asks, eyes darting from me to the fridge for emphasis.

I raise my eyebrow but do what he wants, who am I to say no, he's at least 16 anyway, if we're in the same class. I wrap my fingers around the fridges handle, wondering breifly if Phils already drunk when he interjects again. This time first with a snort and than."They're in the cooler, in the garage."

My fingers let go of the fridge's handle, I freeze in suprise. He wants me to the garage? That would wake up the entire house. The garage is in the backyard, I saw it out of my rooms window, Id have to leave this house, walk to the garage, get the keys to open the door, then grab the drinks, and walk back in here. No, there is no way I could do that.

I turn to face Phil in the darkness, studying his outline as it leans on the island, angled towards me. We have a blind staring match for a while, my expression in a evil glare well Phil's is probably that smirk he's quickly shown is his trademark look.

"Well, you failed the test Howell, get ready for a shitty year." Phil states, straightening up and walking back towards the steps, not bothering to slience his words or sounds now.

He clunks up the steps, whistling to himself before slamming his door, obvioisly awakening both Lesters.

Test, he just tested me. What a stupid test, give me this and I'll make your already about to be stressly year funner. And does this mean hes going to bully me now? I sure hope not, I had enough of that from school and every place I went too, being a kid with pale skin and an emo cut in LA is basically like taping a kick me sign to your back. I eat my food, deep in thought about Phil until finally sneaking back up the steps, only to find my suitcase open and every undergarment thrown around the halllway.

No, Phil and I are definatly not going to get along.