Chapter 15

I'm not afraid to say this has been the most uncomfortable day of my life.

I've just been lounging about the house. Trying not to set off Phil whenever he goes to the kitchen for food.

A creak runs through the house followed by loud clunking footsteps.

Speak of the devil jesus Dan read a YA book.

I can hear the stairs between to creak and tighten the blanket around my shoulders. It seems like I'm always cold but the moment cold weather comes around I jump for joy.

The tv before me is playing some show on rerun and my laptop is open to the Tumblr screen. Most of the time I would be working on some band edit but today my level of motivation is below zero.

"Hey." I turn to Phil but he ignores me, walking into the kitchen and opening all the cabinets. "Get me a chip bag?"

His voice rises over to me, a groan slowly ascending until it echoes through the house.

"What kind?"

I roll my eyes and fall on my back, my head hanging off the armrest. "Umm... what's good?"

He groans again and I suppress a smile.

"We got. Cheetos, Doritos-"

"Cool ranch?"

Crinkles came from the kitchen. "No... yes."

"So?"

"Yes we have a baby bag."

"You call it a baby bag?"

Phil somehow groans louder. "Isn't that what they are called?"

"No."

"What are they then Mr. Chip Expert?"

"Mini's"

"Blame my mother," he tosses the bag all the way across the room and laughs as it connects with my face.

"Thank you."

"What ever." Phil walks into the room with a family sized box of cereal and a pack of mini donuts. I stare at him but his gaze is on the screen. "Are you watching gay Spanish soap operas?"

I tilt my head and sure enough there are too men kissing in the rain to incredible dramatic music while a brown skinned woman watches them through a window.

"I guess I am. I was just trying to decide what I want to edit." I gesture towards my laptop, now open to Photoshop with a single photo of Melanie Martinez on the white backround.

"Oh. Cool. What do you make gifs for."

I can feel my chest concave and look up to see Phil unzipping the doughnut bag, the powder turns his fingertips white and he glances at me. I smile.

"T-tumblr mostly."

Phil nods in recollection. "I used to have one of those. Got boring as fuck."