56. He Acts Like He Doesn't Like You

Alexander Zverev:

You had always wondered why Alexander was slightly rude to you. You had always just assumed that was his personality - to tease others and make jokes about them right in front of their faces. Of course, you never let it affect you, though you were stunned to hear that he only did that towards you. He had chosen the childish way to deal with his feelings for you - by teasing you to hide the way he felt. When you confronted him, he couldn't help but still hide his feelings, telling you that he didn't like you - possibly ruining his future chances, just for a few weeks at least until you decided to forgive him.

Alex de Minaur:

Alex would always seem to get nervous and stutter, whenever you were around, often leading him to straight-up, ignore you when you would walk past. You would often make eye contact with him and he would turn away or walk away immediately, giving you zero opportunity to talk to him. There would be times when he would work up the courage to go over and talk to you, though he would always end up stumbling again when he had the chance to chat. It led you to believe that he didn't want to talk to you, though judging by the smirks and giggles from his friends, you figured that maybe the nerves were from a crush rather than him not liking you.

Benoit Paire:

Benoit was unaware of your feelings towards him for the entire time you had been friends, believing that he was friend-zoned and not wanting to ruin anything. He would constantly call you his best friend, giving no indication that he thought of you as more than a friend. It was one of those relationships where everyone else seemed to know that you liked each other except for the two of you. It was only going to be a matter of time before one of you would come forward and admit how you felt, it was just a wonder as to how long that would actually take.

Borna Coric:

Borna never admitted his feelings for you considering you had a boyfriend. He wasn't overly happy to be just your friend, though he was glad to at least still have you in his life. He never made a move or try to convince you to leave your boyfriend, out of respect for you and your partner. Though he was extremely happy when the two of you broke up, and he could finally have his opportunity to be with you.

Casper Ruud:

Casper would often be asked about if he had any feelings for you, to which he would freak out and say that he thought of you like a sister. Of course, that sent you a clear message that he didn't think of you as more than a friend, though that was just his way of covering up his feelings for you. As soon as he had said it the first time, he knew that he couldn't take it back. He was just going to have to live with you as a close friend until he was willing to stand up and tell you the truth about the way he felt.

Denis Shapovalov:

You and Denis had always been known by your fellow tennis players that you did not like each other. No one knew what had started it, the two of you didn't even know, though you just thought it was best to avoid each other at all costs and would make snarky remarks whenever you did have to talk to each other. However, apart from the interactions you had with each other, Denis would admire you from what he saw when you were on court, social media and your interactions with other players. He started thinking of ways to repair the relationship between you so he could get to know you, though he was going to have a tough time trying to make amends for whatever he did wrong.

Diego Schwartzman:

Whenever someone would bring up the idea of the two of you as a couple, Diego would immediately start laughing or fake gagging, saying that the two of you would never be together. Of course, it was the way of covering up his feelings for you, considering he believed that you only thought of him as a friend. Though, considering you wanted to be more than friends with him, he was just ruining his own chances. He would just brush off any idea of you two being a couple, hoping that eventually he would believe himself one day the way that everyone else did.