🌸 Bonus Chapter 3 🌸

F A R Z A N A

...

Ever since I started schooling, I became so obsessed with my studies. Sometimes I didn't even used to sleep properly, I just wanted to give it my best - to start with good CGPA and to end with Honours. That would be a great achievement for me, and people would love to visit my hospital in the future (I can't wait to see that happening). And talking about my hospital, I had talked to my father about it and he promised to start making preparations for it as soon as I was in my third level. That was amazing (actually), and how promising was my lovely father! When I told my mother on phone, she rejoiced. She even had to call and thank him personally - he told me she did!

Aunty Fatimah was also happy for me, she'd promised to make contributions as well and I really appreciated it. She was a good woman with a very good heart, she used to treat me like her very own - well I shared the same blood with her children after all, and by the way she was my stepmother. When I started school, she had warned me about boys. She said school is one of the best places to meet new people and also one of the undeniable places to get pregnant. I guess she was referring to what happened between my father and mother. Well she was right, I had to be very careful. I loved it when people tell me the truth about things, even if it sounds bitter!

Condolences to Aunty Fatimah, she had lost her father some weeks ago. And since then, she had been living with her mother in their house and my father would always visit her. Yesterday he even had to spend his night there which was odd, but I got it covered since I could singlehandedly take care of my siblings.

We had our dinner and eventually went to bed. Today, we woke up and prayed before eating breakfast and going to school. Our driver dropped both Abba and Raliyah in their school first before taking me to mine. And just as I was at school, my mother called me. I couldn't hear what she was saying clearly so I told her I would call her later since I was even having a lecture at that moment, it was anatomy and the lecturer was no nonsense.

After the lecture, I swiped through my phone and called my mother. This time around, I could hear her clearly. We greeted, thus she told me she was presently in Minna. She said when she first called me she was aboard a plane that was why the network was very bad. "But mum, what are you doing in Minna?" I asked because I was so curious. I believed she didn't have any business to do here, and even if she had one she would have told me about it... or I would have been aware of it sooner.

"To see Galadima's parents" She said.

"Galadi... what? " I puzzled. "Who is that?"

"Well, a lot has happened after you left Jigawa. Can we meet after your school hours? What time would you be free, Farzana?" She said.

"Perhaps by 3pm, but mum give me a hint please" I said anxiously. "And where should we even meet?"

"Meet me at... do you know Tunga?" She said.

"Ye... es" I stammered. "Even if I don't know, our driver would definitely know and he would drive me there"

"Okay then, if you reach Top Medical just call me" She said and then hanged off the call after having bade me goodbye.

She left me confused, yes... and tensed up! What was going on? I was eager to know who the Galadima she mentioned was and the business she had with him and his parents. How I wish time could run just fast, I didn't want to end up not being able to concentrate on lectures because of the thoughts that were pacing in my mind but was there anything I could do? Absolutely NOTHING.

That was how I patiently waited for the time, and as soon as it was 3pm I called our driver. He came and drove me to Tunga, opp Top Medical. Hence, I phoned my mother. It took her some minutes to appear and when she did, I ran over to her and hugged her because I so much missed her. After greetings, she walked me to a house which was by the roadside and there I met the Galadima she was talking about. She introduced me to his parents. The man was dark, not looking that good but wasn't bad either. According to her, he was presently the chief of staff of Jigawa State governor and also her husband to be. I wasn't happy after hearing that but eventually I realised she ought to move on. I just pray this one lasts long, unlike her previous marriages.

•••••••••• •••••••••• ••••••••••

- Last Page -

Please if you had enjoyed reading this book and wish to support me, I only need one help from you. Connect me with any reliable person you know that can get me a job, especially with the government. It can be uniform work (e.g Civil Defence, Immigration, Custom, etc), I would gladly accept. I am an NCE holder and would be very happy if you assist me in securing a job. Thank you. 08165479816.