Chapter 51 - Fatimah

6:14am...

Today I woke up to Yusuf's missed calls, they were about 8. I had mistakenly left the phone in silent mode before going to bed yesterday, you know. And what could Yusuf be having for me that he couldn't wait till morning? Or was it about our meeting today? He must be nervous already. I was nervous too. Perhaps he wanted a composure, sadly I was deeply asleep the time he called me. Hence, I dialed his contact and he picked after few ringings.

"AsSalama Alaykum, Good Morning!" I said.

"Wa'alaykumus Salam, Morning" He said. I could sense exhaustion in his voice. Maybe sleep was still in his eyes, but who knows?

"Hmm, I woke you up right?" I said.

"No my love, it's okay. Ya kike?" He said.

"Fine, how about you?" I huffed.

"Alhamdulillah, fine too" He said and thus continued. "I called you yesterday but it..."

"Yes, I just saw your missed calls recently. Sorry, I slept off yesterday so early" I said.

"No problem, I also thought of that" He said.

"Okay, so...?" I hesitated.

"Oh, actually... I wanted asking if you were aware about our meeting's postponement!" His words made me to drop down my jaw.

"Which meeting? Today's meeting?!" I said.

"Wait, you mean you aren't aware?" He said.

"No, Yusuf!" I bellowed.

"Hmm" He heaved a sigh and continued. "I was told by my uncle that your parents are traveling overseas today, hence no meeting"

Traveling verseas? Funny!

But wait a minute, no meeting?

And how could that even be possible?

We've been waiting for this day for long!

"Did my parents told him all that?" I asked hoping that none of the news was positive. "Yusuf, do not poke a prank on me please!"

Yes, he shouldn't!

In fact, I was tensed already.

"Hmm, wallahi that was what I was told by uncle Asad. It sounded weird to me as well, can you ask your parents about it?" He said.

"Okay, ina zuwa" I said.

"Alright babe, I love you" He said.

"I love you more" I ended the call.

...

Thus with my nightgown still on me and my face unwashed, I quickly headed out to my mother's room. And to say I was bewildered was an understatement, I had found her well dressed in one of her latest Ankara. And even more surprised seeing her arranging some of her belongings in two of her traveling boxes.

So everything I heard was true?

"Mum?" I muttered.

"Fatimah?" She turned wrinkling a brow.

"Where are you going to?" I queried.

"Hmm!" She heaved a sigh. "You woke up earlier than I thought. Actually, both your father and I are going on a tour to Dubai"

What! Did she just said tour to Dubai?

"Tour?" I puzzled. "Mum, tour fa kika ce!"

"Yes, and we will not come back soon!" She uttered and continued arranging her stuffs.