Chapter Nineteen

When Estella awakens she was on a bed staring up at the ceiling. She instantly sits up but puts a hand on her head as she winces in pain.
"Your awake, I'm glad," the sound of Zuko's voice said as he closed the door to his room.
"Zuzu? What happened?" She asked as she still had a splitting headache.
"Here, drink this. Uncle says it should help with the pain," he says handing her a cup of tea.
"Thank you,"
After drinking the tea her head instantly started to feel better.
"To answer your question, Aang threw you down a couple of stairs which caused a gash on your head. I didn't think it was big and I told you I'd be right back so I can continue with the Avatar, Zhao showed up and had you and showed me how bad you truly were. You were dying and it devastated me, and i was tied up to a pole and couldn't help you, but that water tribe girl Katara healed you. I guess I owe her a favor when we see her again. Then when The Avatar finally came out he was Avatar Roku instead and the whole place went down,"
"Why would she save me?" Estella asks with a confused look.
"She said she knows how much you meant to me and wanted to help,"
"I'm glad. If it wasn't for her I wouldn't be here now,"
"No if it wasn't for me you'd never be in this mess in the first place,"
"Zuzu," Estella says grabbing his face within her hands. "Please stop blaming yourself. I chose to be with you not you, I love you and I don't regret any of my decisions," she finished causing Zuko to smile.
"I love you too," he says before their lips crashed together.
Before anything else could be done, the ship began tilt causing them to tumble with Zuko on top of Estella on the bed. She blushed.
"While I love this position Zuko, could you kindly get off?"
He blushed before scrambling himself off of her.
"S-sorry. Let me go check it out,"
"No.  I'm coming with you,"
He sighed.
"Fine," he says helping Estella up as the two walked out together. "I thought Katara said you sprained your ankle?" Zuko asks confused.
Estella looked at him more confused.
"I don't feel anything, I'm perfectly fine,"
"Hmm.... could have been that tea, just be careful on your feet,"
"Got it Zuzu,"
When the two made it above deck they ran up to where the helmsman was located to see him changing course.
"What's the meaning of this mutiny? No one told you to change course!"
"Estella! I'm so glad your okay. Zuko was so worried about you and so was I after he told me what happened, how are you feeling?" Uncle Iroh asked getting up from his seat as he was playing Pai Sho.
He went over to Estella who was next to Zuko and hugged her.
"I'm alright Uncle. Thank you for that tea,"
"No problem darling. Actually, someone did," Iroh says turning his attention towards Zuko. "I assure you it is a matter of utmost importance, Prince Zuko,"
"Is it something to do with the Avatar?"
"Even more urgent. It seems... I've lost my lotus tile," Iroh says heading back to the table while moving a piece.
Estella couldn't help but giggle.
"A lotus tile?"
"For his Pai Sho game honey. Most people think the lotus tile insignificant, but it is essential for the unusual strategy that he employs," Estella explained as Zuko's eyebrow twitched.
"Great explanation Estella. You know Prince Zuko, you can learn a thing or two from her,"
"So, you've changed our course for a stupid lotus tile?"
"See, you, like most people, underestimate its value. Just give me ten minutes to check the merchants at this port of call. Hopefully they'll have the lotus tile in stock and I can get on with my life!"
"Besides Zuzu that means we can go shopping!" Estella encourages as Zuko growled.
"Don't support it!"
Estella pouted as she grabbed onto Zuko's arm and gave him the best puppy dog eyes she can manage.
"Please Zuko, it'll make me really happy,"
Zuko groaned defeated.
"Ughh fine! Don't think you can always use that adorable face on me though!" Zuko says before walking away.
"I'm lucky to have such an understanding nephew. He truly loves you Estella," Iroh says smiling at her.
She giggles.
"I know. I love him too," Estella says smiling before heading back over to Zuko who was leaning his arms on the railing looking at the ocean.
"Hey Zuzu,"
"Hey,"
"What are you thinking about?"
He sighed.
"Life back at the palace. How things were much simpler back then,"
"Maybe for you, but my own sister started hating me when we got too close together, she always told me how I stole you away from her. Did you ever have feelings for Mai?"
"I did," he confessed as Estella looked down. "But that was before I met you," he says going to grip onto her hand.
"Estella I love you, I love you so much. I love you ever since I laid eyes on you. I know that your the one for me because you always bring out the happier side of me and my most protective side of me. You make me feel so.... Normal," Zuko says as a blush came to his cheeks.
"I was wondering, when this is all over. When I become the rightful fire lord, would you..... Would you marry me?" Zuko asks causing Estella's eyes to go wide.