Chapter Seventeen

Zuko stood in front of Estella's door after telling him his plan to let Zhao to follow a fake trail of smoke. After about a minute of standing their with his fist raised, he finally had the courage to knock.
"Come in," came the soft sound of her voice.
Zuko sighed before pushing opened the door.
"Hey, we need to talk," he says before closing the door behind him and making his way over to the bed.
She didn't look at him and he hated that.
"Can you look at me please?" He asked his eyes pleading, but she kept staring at the wall causing him to sigh. "Look Estella, I care about you. I really do, you are the only important thing in my life besides my uncle. I literally don't know what I'll do without you, the reason I keep bringing up Zhao's offer is because I don't deserve someone like you. I don't deserve to be happy and in love because of the things I've done to get us here. But the truth is if you have left I would be dead inside because I would have lost apart of my self. You are my other half Estella," he says causing Estella to finally look at him with a couple of tears down her face.
"I love you,"
"Oh Zuzu," she says throwing herself on him. "I love you, I love you so much. I meant it when I said I'll be by your side forever. I love you Zuzu, I really do,"
"Am I forgiven?" He whispers while snaking his arms around her back.
"Yes stupid, I can't stay mad at you for long. After all it's you,"
He smirked.
"So that's what my uncle meant," he said but before she could ask his lips slammed down on hers.
•••••••••••
The couple were back up on deck now with Zuko having a fresh look on his face as he pulled Estella by his side tighter. They had a quickie but it was the best one he had. The engine was still damaged as  Zuko has instructed the men to open the back hatch of the ship. A smaller vessel is being lowered into the ocean.
"Uncle, keep heading north. Zhao will follow the smoke trail while Estella and I use it as a cover,"
"I see you two are together again. Is it safe bringing her along though?"
She smiled and hugged the old man. Zuko had told her of the plan after their activities together.
"I'll be alright Uncle, besides it would be nice to see Aang and Sokka again it's fun teasing them," she giggled as Zuko growled.
"No it's not! Not when they are utterly in love with you!"
"Oh hush Zuzu, how many times do I have to say it? I just like teasing them,"
"Whatever," he says crossing his arms as a small ship had landed into the water.
"Be careful," Uncle warns before the two had left.
"Stay beside me," he says as he was rowing away.
Estella smiled before leaning in to kiss him.
"Always,"
•••••••
They were inside the temple now and they hid behind a pole with the Avatar waiting for the moment to appear. Zuko had him in his grasp, but Aang couldn't seem to comprehend it as he was staring at Estella with love in his eyes.
"Hey, Estella," Aang says while drooling causing her to giggle softly.
"Hey Aang long time no see,"
"It feels like forever. I just can't stop thinking about you. Oh how I wish I was Zuko," Aang says while wincing as Zuko held onto him tighter while burning his arm a little.
"Quit making lovey doves eyes at MY girlfriend,"
"AANG NOWS YOUR CHANCE!" The water tribe girl yelled just as Zuko and Estella emerged with Aang as she gasped.
"ITS YOU!" Sokka yelled with a happy face as she smiled.
"Hey Sokka,"
"Oh she remembered my name," Sokka said while falling over.
"The Avatar's coming with me," Zuko says as He pushes the struggling Aang towards the opening in the floor that leads to Avatar Roku's secret tunnels. Estella was following beside them with her sword out and ready in case they tried anything. She smiled.
"It was nice seeing you again Sokka," she giggled with a glint in her eyes.
"Close the doors quickly!" Zuko yelled out to several men.
Aang looks over his shoulder at Sokka and Katara. As he, Estella, and Zuko reach the opening, he makes several swift moves and knocks Prince Zuko off balance. Aang, knowing how much he cares for Estella, kicks Her down the stairs and turns around quickly. As Estella tumbles down the stairs with a scream, Aang runs towards the doors of the sanctuary which are beginning to close.
"ESTELLA!" Zuko yelled with wide eyes going down the stairs after her.
"TELL HER IM SORRY!" Aang shouted just as he ran inside.
Zuko ran to the stairs until he found her groaning in pain.
"I'LL KILL HIM!" Zuko shouted before picking her up. "Are you okay? Oh God your head," he says before putting her down leaning her against the wall and taking his shirt off as he began dabbing it as it was bleeding.
"I'm okay Zuzu, just go I'm just gonna stay here for awhile,"
"What hurts?"
"My arm, And my left leg. I'll be okay I promise go get him Zuzu, I didn't think he'd do that,"
"Please don't close your eyes. I'll be right back I promise. Look after her!" Zuko barked to the men who came down with him as he kissed Estella one last time before leaving her behind.