The Immortals: Chapter 8

Violet's point of view

I pulled into the parking lot of the school, my pass stuck to the inside of the windshield so I wouldn't get in trouble. I slowly maneuvered through the sea of cars; dropping off kids, other kids driving, and the bright yellow school buses.  Finally, I found a spot close enough to the school and pulled in. I grabbed my bag and got out of the car with a sigh. I clicked the lock button and smiled as I heard the locks click shut. 

I kept my head down as I milled through the crowd, not that anyone noticed me. I heard the quiet rumble of the tired kids getting used to school once again, still half asleep. I saw smiles and frowns and laughter rolling through the air, from throaty barks to tinkling giggles from the shy bookworms in the corner. My ears had always been sensitive, and with my attention to detail, it only made it worse. I quickly made my way inside the high school, my shoes clicking against the linoleum as I made my way towards my locker. I didn't share a locker like most students. I guess I was lucky, in a way, more room for my books and things. I twirled the dial around and clicked the door open, revealing a locker with pictures-both sketches and full color pieces- of mine plastered on every inch of it; my personal gallery only that nobody would ever see. I sighed wistfully, stuffing my bag inside and taking out my binder and notebook.

My thoughts drifted back to my dream last night, it was strange. The companion whom I wished for so badly had been mine, I'd had a boyfriend. He was perfect, we were perfect, except for one tiny imperfection; He beat me. I hadn't minded in the dream, I had loved the boy, and he loved me He just had a bad way of showing it when he wasn't happy. I refused to break up with the boy until he started to beat up a kid in our grade for calling me hot. After that, my 'lawyers' sued him for beating me up, even though I told them I still loved him. When I'd woken up, I hadn't wondered why I stayed with the boy in my dream until the end. I knew that if it was real life, I probably would stay with the boy. I was that desperate for a companion, so desperate to be loved....

A tear rolled down my snowy white face, hanging on the bottom of my jaw a trailing towards my chin, a bead of salty liquid, so beautiful and yet the symbol for sadness or overcome with happiness. I knew it was the former. They say dreams show you what you want most, and I believed that to be true. Because a companion was what I truly wanted.

I slammed my locker shut, turning on my heel and walking briskly towards class. There was no point dawdling on such things. I didn't need friends, or a boyfriend, I was fine on my own. Or at least, that's what I wanted to think. 

I sat through the day, taking notes obediently, paying attention to what the teachers said, nothing more. I didn't need to do anything more. I ate lunch alone on my bench under the oak tree.

The leaves were beginning to wilt, a depressing sight. I was eager for fall, though, to see the leaves turn from green to pear yellow, vibrant orange, and scarlet red, lighting the streets in a flurry of colors. The beauty only last for a couple weeks sadly, and then they fell to the ground and stained the sidewalks, leaving brown streaks on the grey surface.

I sighed, nibbling on my sandwich thoughtfully. I didn't speak often, only to answer a teachers question or read a passage when my English teacher commanded me to. My voice was quiet and high, a bell-like sound easily swept up by a breeze. With my wide eyes, quiet voice, and unnatural-looking skin, I was the definition of the shy girl. But nobody wanted to bring me out of my shell......

~~~~

Hey! So, I FINALLY updated xD I'm sorry it took me forever, I've had homework and other stories, and homework ;D I barely have enough time for my friends, and they have to organize it xD I have to read two 300 page books in the next.....day. I'm sooooo not going to be able to do it, I have homework, dance, and my usual procrastination, my friend is going to be so mad if my best friend and I don't read our books in time though. We have a competition.  -shudder- I tried to forfeit, but my friend wanted to do it so badly....

ANYWAY, if anyone wants to make me I cover, I'll love them forever! I suck at photoshop, or anything having to do with editing pictures that isn't on my phone xD It goes for all of my books, I need one for Oh Joy.... ^^

Thanks again for reading!

Comment? Vote? Fan? Please?

~Lion