Chapter 12: No One's Here

Start from the beginning

Ian hesitated for a second before walking up to Cameron's car. He asked, "Can I sit in the front?"

"Whatever you want," Cameron answered with a chuckle.

Ian smiled, skipping over to the passenger's seat without hesitation.

"Coffee, huh," Cam began before driving off. "I've never seen you go to school this early."

They turned a right as Ian cleared his throat. "Well, I've never seen this car," he countered, their eyes meeting for a split second.

"I bought it."

"Of course," Ian laughed.

Cameron raised a brow at him. "Why? Is it too much?"

"Owning five cars at eighteen? Hell, you're the king of too much."

"Pardon me for having a hobby," Cameron retorted.

Silence engulfed the two before Ian started speaking again. "This is fun. We've never exchanged small talk before." Then he added jokingly, "Sometimes I forget you even exist."

Cameron spared him a quick glance before returning a smile, slowing down when he noticed Ian rubbing the side of his arms with his hand.

"Jesus, you're shaking," he reached beside him and adjusted the air-con but Ian quickly shook his head.

"You don't have to do that. I can manage-"

"No you can't. You're literally blue," he insisted. "What were you even thinking walking down the streets with no coat?"

Ian blushed in embarrassment, looking out of the window to hide his face. "Here," he turned his attention back when he heard the sound of shuffling beside him. Cameron took his jacket off, completely taking his hands off the steering wheel. "Take my jacket."

Ian gasped in alert. "Oh my god, Cameron are you crazy?!" he yelled in panic before snatching the jacket away, wide eyes staring at the road for any sign of trucks going beyond speed limit. Cameron snorted as he held onto the steering wheels while Ian slipped into his jacket with a glare. "We could've died."

"You wouldn't have worn it any other way."

"I think it goes without saying that I'd choose my life over your stupid jacket, Cam."

"Whatever," he rolled his eyes playfully.

"You're insane."

Whatever Cameron was about to say next was cut off by Ian's message tone.

bag of turd: where r u?

Bryce texted, which has been frequently happening this past week. Ian tugged on his lower lip, smiling as he slowly typed his reply.

You: otw to school

bag of turd: ugh u suck

bag of turd: why didn't u text me?

You: didn't know i was supposed to?

bag turd: im at ur house

bag turd: i was gonna pick you up

Ian tilted his body away from Cameron, failing to hide the smile that crept into his face.

You: sorry. maybe next time?

bag of turd: u wish

"Jerkface," he blurted out, immediately regretting it when he remembered he wasn't alone. Cameron sent him a curious look. "Everything alright?"