Living With Internet; part 4

Phil's POV:

I grab frantically at the girl, but she's already unconscious and falling to the ground. I hear shouts and sirens around me, Dan's hand grabs my wrist and pulls me away as the medics rush to save the girl and parents.

But it's obvious what happened, and it will be a miracle if the young girl even survives. After about an hour of me and Dan gawking awkwardly at the situation, we decide to sit in the cafe around the corner. "You okay?" Asks Dan, setting out coffees on the table in front of us, looking concerned. "Yeah, just a bit shaken up." I answer, partly thruthful.

Actually, I'm more than shaken up, I'm terrified. Never before have I seen anyone die, or be in that much pain as the young girl and it makes me nauseous thinking about her emotions when she wakes. "I feel horrible about what happened." Dan says finally, after several minutes of us staring out the window at the remains on the crash being swept up. "Maybe we could visit her?" I ask quietly. "Hey yeah, that's a good idea. When she wakes we will go and visit the hospital and be there to try and cheer her up. She'll need it.." Dan trails off, but I've already stood up. "Let's go visit her then, right now. I want to make her happy." I say, smiling slightly and rushing out the door. I ignore the protests of Dan behind me and wave down a taxi.