Living with internet; part 1

Lily's POV

Outside the car window is the same scenery that is always there. The weather is cold, the kind that chills your bones and burns your cheeks. The window is fogged over with road salt residue, so the snow-blanketed trees outside are hard to see clearly through the dusty splotches on the glass. My parents make small talk in the front seat, talking about their agendas for the day. I rest my head against the cold window pane as the hum of the car engine lulls my eyes to close. An old Beatles song plays on the radio, and my dad hums along, drumming his thumbs on the steeringwheel. Everything seemed normal. For now.
----------------------------------------------
My mind wanders to think about my day ahead. Probably just more walking around London, sight seeing, maybe a few museums. Our vacation has just begun here in the UK, and I hope it won't be such poor weather for the rest of the week. . I'm so wrapped up in my own thoughts, I barely have time to look up and see the speeding UPS truck heading at us straight on. A squeak forms in my throat before my head is smacked against the glass. Hard. My mothers screams are muted my myself slipping from consciousness. The Beatles song fades, and so do my thoughts. Everything turns dark and silent.