Living With Internet; part 12

Author's Note:
So after MUCH debate on this story, I think I have finally written most of it out.
Let's hope it stays that way..
Also major birthday shout out to Phil since his birthday was on Friday! :)
I hope everyone likes this chapter, also thank you sooo much for over 100 views on this! I checked yesterday and my views went from 73 to 103 in 24 hours. 0_0
~ceiling_phan

Dan's POV:
I'm standing close to Lily's bed, smiling as she tells me about her recent surgery and it's success, when Dr. McSullivan walks in. He flashes me a bright smile, shaking my hand a bit too hard.

"Dan! How are you? Good? Excellent." he sets his clipboard down on the foot of the bed before I can even answer. "Lily, I have some excellent news for you". She smiles this time, sitting up straighter. "Since your surgery was so successful and your knee is healing nicely, we are pleased to tell you that you are now able to be released from the hospital." My head snaps up, surprised at the doctor' swords. But instead of smiling, Lily's face falls slightly.

"Where will I go? Will I be able to see Dan and Phil anymore?" Her face turns worried and her gaze turns to me, desperate for an answer.

"Well Lily, that's just the thing. I just ran into Phil in the hallway, he made a suggestion about it, but I would like to talk to Dan about it first, excuse us." He grabs my sleeve, nearly pulling me from the room.

As soon as he closes the door he turns to me again. "Listen Dan, Phil made the offer that Lily could come and stay with you for a while, until we are able to find a permanent home for her. Now, don't feel that it's necessary for you to take me up on this offer, but I can see how well you get along with her. She seems to really like you." I blush at his words, when I suddenly register what he's suggesting. Could we really bring Lily home with us? Would she want to?

Just as I'm considering the decision, Phil enters the hallway holding our coffees. "Phil? Could we really do this? Could we take her in?" "Yeah, I guess. It would be great wouldn't it?" We both turn to Dr. McSullivan and he holds out a pen.

We sign the paper work.

Do we have a kid now? Is this real?

---------------------------------------

*3 hours later*

Phil opens the door for Lily to step out of the cab as I grab her bag from the trunk. It's surprisingly light, seeing as most of her belongings were lost in the accident.

"So Lily, what do you want to see first? We can show you around the apartment, or you can settle into your room, your pick." He opens the door to our building slowly as she thinks. We're halfway up the stairs when she decides to unpack in her room first, Phil politely offering to show it to her.

We lead her up the stairs into what we call the "nerd room" that has an extra bed and plenty of storage for her things. She promises not to touch any of our equipment and Phil laughs, assuring her it's fine. As soon as we step out I grab his arm.

"Phil? Do you think, you could tell me your secret now? We were interrupted before.." He takes a deep breath and nods, leading me into the kitchen. "Dan, I, I love you. And I know you probably don't feel the same way but I just finally came to realize this for the first time and I needed to be honest, please don't let this make thing awk-"

I interrupt him abruptly by pressing my mouth to his, kissing him hard on the lips. They're warm, his breath even warmer as he breathes in suddenly from the contact.

Our bodies collide sharply, his hip bones pressing into mine. His arms snake from his sides to around my neck, begging me to come closer. I rest my hands on his hips and separate our faces for a second just to look at him.

Him.

His form is similar to mine, but his shoulders aren't as broad and his face is slimmer. His skin is much paler than mine, and seems to almost be glowing from the pale light that leaks through the windows from the lights outside. But his hips, god his hips, are so defined by the tight T-shirt it's impossible not to notice them. And his eyes, those small seas of blue and green and yellow that make you want to melt into them. Their gaze is locked onto mine now, pupils dilated and cheeks red. In between heavy pants I manage to give a small whisper.

"I love you too Phil."

Lily's POV:

I'm putting my things away when I stand up, needing to use the toilet. I'm on my way down the first flight of stairs when I realize something.

I have literally no idea where the bathroom is.

Down the hallway I can hear Dan and Phil distantly talking softly, but I don't want to interrupt whatever they're doing with a stupid question.

I don't remember passing the bathroom on the way in, so I stop on the floor we didn't fully cover and follow the stairs to a doorway. I peek inside, and jumping back at the sight of Dan and Phil making out in the kitchen.

Shit. Did they see me? What do I do? Do I run away? Pretend like it never happened? Like I never saw? Questions run through my head as I turn, and sprint down the hallway back to my room.

It's several minutes before I hear them talking again, as they emerge from the kitchen with swollen lips, red cheeks and goofy smiles.

I greet them at the stairs, pretending I saw nothing. But I'm not stupid. I know what they're doing tonight.
------------------------------------------
that's was extremely fun to write tbh, I hope you guys enjoyed this scene. xx