Chapter 26: Talk Show

Chapter 26 — Talk Show

Unfortunately, Ning Xi didn't notice Chang Shi Gui's reluctance to return. She went into the makeup room to get her makeup removed.

There were several makeup artists chatting and gossipping together. When they saw her come in, they greeted her warmly and when she sat down, they began removing her makeup, hovering around her. Before Ning Xi was popular, the same makeup artists were polite and alienated from her. Compared to now, the difference was not a mere one point.

This was also normal in the entertainment circle. Ning Xi didn't think there was anything strange in this behaviour.

After removing her makeup, Ning Xi walked into the locker room to change her clothes. She had removed her costumes halfway when she heard Zhu Moli's voice from outside. It seemed as if she was complaining to her makeup artist about the latter pulling her hair while removing her wig.

The makeup artist seemed to apologise and it quietened down outside.

Ning Xi opened the door and went out. Zhu Moli looked up. Seeing her there, she snorted.

The scornful snort appeared to be extremely harsh in the quiet dressing room. The air in the room became stagnant. Ning Xi looked at Zhu Moli with a slight smile. She then nodded at all the makeup artists in the room and went out.

From the perspective of the few makeup artists there, Zhu Moli's sensitivity, EQ and thoughts were not as good as her junior, Ning Xi's. A person not afraid of anything was still afraid of comparison because it was easy to put the person down and raise the other person up.

Obviously, Zhu Moli became a good figure to highlight Ning Xi's goodness.

Ning Xi never considered herself to be an innocent, clean, white lotus. If she, who had worked hard and lived alone for so long still believed that everything and everyone in the world was true and beautiful, she might as well not live.

"Miss Ning," She was about to sit in the front seat of her car but was stopped by a man in a suit. He was the assistant who was always by Chang Shi Gui's side.

"Can I help you?" Ning Xi asked courteously.

"While coming to visit the sets this time, our boss brought gifts. This is for you, please accept it." The assistant smiled and handed a big box to Ning Xi.

"Thank you," Ning Xi didn't open the box in front of him to see what was inside. She behaved as if it was just an ordinary gift.

The assistant looked at her behaviour and said nothing. Laughing, he said, "Then please drive slowly."

Listening to him address her as the respectful 'you', Ning Xi's brows moved. She smiled at the assistant and let the driver raise the window up.

"Boss, Miss Ning took the gift," The assistant returned to the car and reported to Chang Shi Gui who sat in the backseat. "She just left the crew by car."

"Did she like the gift?" Chang Shi Gui asked.

"This..." The assistant felt that his boss was acting silly, but as an assistant, he couldn't tell the truth sometimes. "Miss Ning didn't open the box, so I don't know whether she liked it or not."

Chang Shi Gui frowned, his forehead wrinkling. He thought with some regret that he knew he should have personally given the gift to her so that he could know whether or not she was satisfied.

But thinking about facing Ning Xi and giving her the gift, he suddenly felt the temperature rise on his face.

After a long time, he took out his mobile phone and sent a message.