Chapter 6

The dinning hall was filled with so many students which I wasn't surprising but what surprised me the most was the different types of students in the hall. There were so many magical creatures that I can't even name, obviously because I don't know what they are called. Aubree gradually started filling me on the different creatures and what they do. She also told me that everyone can shape shift from the human form to the magical creature they are which is why some of them were in human form while others were not. However, mages can't shape shift since their powers (like magic) don't require a change in their appearance so Aubree can't shape shift. What also surprised me was that there were no cliques based on what creature you are. All the different students mixed up with each other which was really nice to see because in human school there were so many cliques and being an introvert like me automatically made you an outcast since having no friends equates to being a weirdo. It's all so stupid.

We got our lunch and sat on a table. The food was nice as well. I was introduced to the people around the table. There was Rielle and Shyla. We were later joined by Fariha. They all seemed to be really nice and welcoming which seemed to ease my nervousness. This was the first time in my life that I've ever made friends so fast. Thank god I was given roommates since it made it much easier. I got to know that Fariha is a werewolf which is kinda scary but cool at the same time. Rielle and Shyla both have elemental powers with Rielle controlling water and Shyla controlling the earth. Although I'm new to everything, I can't wait to see what powers I will have.

Based on first impressions, I would like to assume that all these girls are really nice. I didn't have much to say since I'm an introvert but the conversation was flowing really well and I only replied when I was asked a question. They asked the basic questions like my age, my previous school and stuff like that. They didn't make it awkward for me by asking questions about why I'm just moving to the school right now instead of years earlier or about my home life which I really liked. However, I could definitely tell that the other students were curious about me since some of them were staring at me.

After lunch, the rest of the girls went back to their lessons. Aubree told me that she was excused from the rest of her lessons so that she could give me a quick induction.

"So let us start with the main building where there are the normal classrooms. The building is structured in a way that the colours on the walls and floor let you know what department you are in. For example, red is for English, blue is for Maths, Green is for Science etc" Aubree said as she showed me around the main building. She also showed me the different dormitories in the school with boys having separate buildings from the girls.

Aubree then said, "The schedule of this school is different from other schools. In the morning, we attend normal lessons and then after lunch we attend our training lessons depending on what each student specialises in. I might be in some of your classes if you share the same ability as me but if you don't we won't share the same training lessons." I just nodded along silently as she showed me around the training grounds and gym area. Then she abruptly turned around and asked me, "What is your ability?"

I stayed quiet for a second and then replied, "I'm not sure yet but sometimes stuff levitate around me."

"That might be telekinesis" she replied and then after a moment said, "this means that you have your assessment tomorrow".

"Assessment about what?" I replied confused.

"Everyone who doesn't know the extent of their ability is assessed by the school board which is Ms Walter and other teachers to determine what their ability is. Don't worry it isn't difficult or anything. It is just some simple tests" Aubree said.

"Okay" I hesitantly replied because I'm not sure what will happen when they assess me.

"Also, I'm not sure if Ms Williams told you but every weekend we are allowed to leave the school. However, we don't leave to go to the human world since it isn't allowed. Our school contains a portal that connects us to the mythical realm" Aubree says.

"What? I'm confused" I replied.

"Basically, some mythical creatures live on earth while others live in the mythical realm because they can't shape shift so wouldn't blend in the human world while others can shape shift but just prefer to live in the mythical realm. Therefore, portals connect the human world world to the mythical realm making travelling easier. We are allowed to go to thee mythical realm on the weekends since we have no lessons" Aubree explained in more detail.

"Where is the mythical realm?" I asked Aubree.

"It is on a planet named Aletheia" Aubree replied.

"That is a nice name but I have never heard of it" I said to her.

"That is the whole point. Humans don't know that it exists because it is in a different solar system from earth's solar system which is good because it keeps us safe and hidden from them" Aubree replied with a smile on her face while I nodded along.

Aubree continued, "You will see the portal on Saturday when we are leaving school to go to Aletheia. I have shown you around the school so the tour is finished. This means that you have the rest of the day get settled in until dinner time".

We went back to our room and I finished the rest of the unpacking I felt I had to do. I also finished decorating my side of the room. Aubree stated that she was exhausted and happy that to have the rest of the day off from her lesson so she took advantage of that by catching up on her sleep. She had stated that she felt bad for sleeping since it was my first day and she should give me company but I told her it was fine and encouraged her to sleep. I ended up reading the book I was given for my birthday in order to understand more about faes.

Eventually Fariha came back to the room after her training lessons. She had a shower to get ready for dinner. We had time before it was time to leave so I got to know more about her, She was an introvert extrovert and she was really nice. She talked about what lessons she had and also reassured me that my assessment for tomorrow would be okay. We then had dinner with Rielle and Shyla. After dinner, the girls wanted to hang out in the common room in the dormitory until it was time for bed. But, I declined and told them to go on and have fun. I gave the excuse that I was tired which was true but my introverted self did not want to socialise with other students just yet and I wasn't that confident in this unfamiliar environment just yet.

Hey guys,

I wasn't yet sure of the direction this book would take since I didn't like the original concept I had in mind. However, I changed the concept to one am finally comfortable with and I hope I can now get time to update.

PS: I am at work bored so I decided to write this and publish it.

♡Julia♡