Chapter 20

I had been staring ahead absently since the hunters left, I didn't know how long they had been gone and that frustrated me. I didn't even know how long I had been abducted, I needed a way to keep tabs on time. My gaze trailed to the spilled blood and I felt my fangs ache, I hadn't fed but still had the human blood in my system, making me powerful enough to battle these hunters.

I just need to wait for the right time.

I sighed looking at the bowl, it was old and chapped. Wrinkles appeared on my forehead as I tried to reminisce about its familiarity. Suddenly, the image of the red-haired lady drinking blood, cradling her infant in her lap, flashed through my mind. Wide eyed, I pressed my back against the wall as a chill ran down my spine. The woman and the boy I dreamt of were here or used to be, I didn't know how much of what I dreamt was true but the bowl was the proof that my dreams were trying to tell me something.

Before I could ponder over it any more, the gate to the prison opened with a rattle followed by hurried footsteps. Carl appeared in the hallway, his jaw set, holding a small wooden box in one hand and torch in another. I glared at him coldly but my gut twisted when he stopped in front of Raph's jail cell. Clinking the railings, waking up my son from his peaceful slumber. Carl smirked at me as I let out a warning growl.

" Come here little vampire, you must be hungry. " He crouched near the railing opening the wooden box.

" No " Raph bravely replied, his small honey eyes glaring at the hunter in front of him, " You ugliee. "

This made Carl grit his teeth angrily and my lips curled in a proud smirk.

" Come here you little brat, now. " He snarled, but my baby didn't even flinch.

Instead he let out an adorable growl of his own, his fangs coming out and eyes flashing red, " I said No! "

Carl's mouth opened with surprise but he quickly composed himself and stood up, fishing out the keys for his locked door. Opening the door, he dragged out my son as he thrashed in his arms, trying to get free.

" Let him go hunter! " I snarled as Chaz and Jeffery pressed their bodies against the doors of their cells, baring their fangs.

I was shaking with anger, trying to break the shackles, as Carl smirked at me,

" As you wish your Highness. " He threw Raph roughly on the floor, a sickening crack, followed by a soft whimper filled the silence of the cells.

My son sat up clumsily, trying to fight off tears as he nursed his elbow which was bent in a painful angle. Crouching behind him, Carl held him by his jaw and positioned a syringe filled with poison against his neck.

" I am going to make you pay for it hunter, " My voice was deadly as my predator took complete control, wiping all traces of humanity.

It had never happened before but no one had threatened my son's life before either. My senses heightened and all my feelings and needs numbed, all but one, fury burnt through my veins mixed with the human blood in my system and so did the need to protect my son. I applied all my force against my shackles, making them groan in protest. I couldn't feel them cutting into my skin nor could I feel the pain as I bled.

Giving me a sarcastic smile, he pressed the syringe in Raph's neck and started injecting the poison slowly. Hurried footsteps echoed through the cell and Dorian ran in, heaving. He paled when his eyes fell on my son who was beginning to lose his senses. Angrily pushing Carl away from him, he cradled Raph in his arms,

" What were you thinking poisoning the kid? He could have died! " Dorian roared, glaring murderously at Carl, who was getting up.

" I was just following Steven's order, brother. He is a monster, don't be deceived by his looks. " Carl tried to step to where Dorian was standing, holding Raph and tried to take him from his arms, " He is a monster, brother. " Carl repeated again when Dorian stepped back, shielding away Raph.