Chapter 2

The mist had covered the bathroom walls which were made up of a variety of ornamental mirrors. Standing in my red bath gown as I waited for Ella to fetch me my clothes, I wiped the portion of the wall in front of me. The hot bath had my cheeks flushed, skin glistening and my snowy wet strands sticking to my neck and shoulders, soaking the gown from where they met it. However, this relaxing bath could do nothing to take away the pain and lament brimming in my eyes. The tiredness and loss had now become a constant part of my soul. The heaviness in my heart was also a constant reminder of what or rather who I've lost. If somehow, I managed to ignore them, the onslaught of memories never failed to remind me.

Ella brought me out of my thoughts the moment she stumbled with my chemise and a bulky corset. Her staggering movement curled my lips, moving to her I took the corset and examined it with scrutiny.

Raising a brow at her I asked, " Miss, kindly enlighten me how I will travel to the city? "

" By the horse your Highness. " Ella gave me a confused stare.

" Then how am I supposed to wear this- " Pointing at the corset I continued, " and ride a horse my dear Ella? "

I watched with amusement as her lips formed an O and blood rushed to her cheeks. Murmuring apologises she rushed back to my closet and this time, her return was quick. She was carrying in her arms, a simple velvet burgundy riding gown with cowl neckline and cape sleeves, having simple golden highlights near the neck, opening of sleeves and the end of the skirt. I nodded my approval making her beam at me. Without wasting another second, she helped me dress and tied the ribbons attached to the back of my bodice tightly restricting my air flow a little.

Walking outside the bathroom, my eyes lit up when they spotted Sofia adjusting Raphael's bow as he stood on my bed with chest puffed out. The moment he saw me, he started jumping on the bed with excitement managing to litter pillows and cushions on the floor in the process. I chuckled as I saw Sofia trying to catch him unsuccessfully through my dressing mirror as Ella combed my hair and brought jewellery. I chose to wear a simple ring, which has specifically been designed for the queen or female heir of my kingdom, Fang Peaks.

Fang Peak was a scenic kingdom surrounded by deep forest extending to giant mountains which formed natural barriers of protection. The forest was a rich reserve of resources, be it wood, food, medicine for humans or minerals. We were the kingdom with the strongest economy. It expanded for a vast stretch of land, strategically separating human and vampire settlements for safety of humans. Only authorised vampires could enter the human settlement. Laws here were strict, humans' right to life was guarded and all efforts were made to make them lead a safe and decent life.

Unfortunately, despite that, human slavery was something which was still prevailing in the kingdom. They were in high demands and brought in lot of money majority of which was used to look after our army and border defences. So like any practical and mindful ruler, father hadn't abolished it. From the looks of it, neither could I.

Once done, I made my way towards Raph who on noticing me approaching him, finally came to a standstill holding an innocent expression. I crouched in front of him and tried to tame his wild hair with my fingers. Once I was satisfied how my little angel looked, I held his hands and walked out of my room.

The interior of the castle like my room was painted in gold and red, with a giant red gold rimmed vases situated in front of every pillar. Plush red carpet covered the marble floor and the flags of the kingdom hanging from the high ceilings, easily blended with the surroundings with their blood red backgrounds and a large golden spade in the centre. There were guards lined all across the hallway, each standing at a distance of 30 metres from the next one. All vampires as humans were too weak when it came down to fighting. Due to what had happened, the castle was more heavily guarded than before, there was an increase in the number of guards and patrols around the castle.