Chapter 19 - Shopping For The Best

Willie hugged Maria and said, "Who would have thought something like this would happen to people like us." Willie then hugged Uncle Eddie and Auntie Joan saying, "In Niagara I told you we had a whole week to think of a way to thank you. Well, tomorrow morning we'll see about collecting this money, and then we'll go to the airline and buy two tickets for you to go to Trinidad with us. After that, we are going shopping for the finest clothes. Tomorrow night, we will dine at the CN Tower 360 Restaurant in downtown Toronto."

Uncle Eddie's response was, "First we have to get back to Scarborough. Let's go." They were all so excited that they rushed to the car for the trip down Highway 400. In the car, Willie said, "As good as this is I must ask you to keep this a secret for two very important reasons. First, I want to surprise the folks back home in Trinidad. I want to see the look on their faces when the two of you show up there with us.

Secondly and more importantly, Maria and I would like to continue living in Maracas, enjoying the peace and quiet. We do not want to change our lifestyle or worry about our personal safety. We would prefer to give away this ticket than expose our two boys to any kind of risk." Uncle Eddie immediately quipped, "I'll take it off your hands!"

When Willie saw Canada's Wonderland he said, "Did I tell you about the Trini I met at the Casino?"
"No! When did you meet him?"
"I met him in the restroom and he introduced himself as a TLA."

"I hope you did not shake his hand in the restroom and what on earth is a TLA?"
"Well, according to him; a TLA is a Trini living abroad. He explained that he was born in Lopinot but is now living here so that makes him a TLA."

"I always thought that a Trini living abroad would be an NRT."
"Pray tell, what is an NRT?"
"A non-resident Trini of course!"

"I just laughed told the TLA that I am a TOV!"
"That was met with a brief frown so I quickly explained that I am just a Trini on vacation. To say the least, he was not impressed."

In Toronto, they stopped at the Yorkdale Shopping Centre and visited a few fine stores before they bought some classy outfits for the evening. Willie then suggested that they get something special from the liquor store. Uncle Eddie said, "I always wanted to try Johnny Walker Blue." Willie replied, "This is your lucky day, Johnny Walker Blue it is."

Uncle Eddie suggested that Willie pour the first drink for each of them. Uncle Eddie took a whiff then a sip and said, "Hmm, this is definitely the pinnacle whiskey of the Johnny Walker family." They all raised their glasses and Willie made the toast, "Here is to an evening to remember." When the limousine arrived to take them to the CN Tower 360 Restaurant they were all dressed in the snazzy outfits from their shopping trip.

At the 360 Restaurant, the maître d'hôtel did a brief spiel about the restaurant and ended by saying we have a fully stocked European-style wine cellar in the sky. Willie and Maria sat facing each other near the window because they wanted to see Toronto from the revolving restaurant. Uncle Eddie and Auntie Joan took the aisle seats. Everything, including the seating arrangement, was perfect because Uncle Eddie did not have to disturb the others to take pictures. Every time the view changed outside, Uncle Eddie asked the waiter to take just one more picture with all four of them. Maria said, "This revolving restaurant is awesome. It is so high, I feel as if we are dining on the top of the world."

The view of the lake was awesome and the appetizers were absolutely delicious. Willie decided to have the AAA steak dinner; Maria wanted the poached lobster. Auntie Joan had to have the seafood platter and Uncle Eddie was undecided. At first he wanted the Calamari Steak dinner but he changed his mind when he saw the word squid. He chose the Roasted Quebec Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Thyme Infused Granny Smith Apples. They all ordered the Lemon Mascarpone Torte with Spiced Gingerbread for dessert.