You lean back into the soft couch closing your eyes as you take a deep breath. Okay here goes nothing. You summon the chaos magic and it comes instantly, it's easier this time, like snapping your fingers. You try and find the psychopath and you don't know if it's because you've been in her mind before or because you're getting stronger but you find her instantly.

She's in an apartment with two detectives. The apartment is dark and smells rotten, like the trash hasn't been taken out for a long time. Dirty dishes pile in the sink and there's take out containers littering each surface. There's an explosion of clothes on the floor and you see the detectives reach under her bed with gloves, bagging the items from her trophy box into evidence bags. Her hands are cuffed behind her and you recall her memory of confessing at the police station.

Your hand goes to your mouth as you jump out of her mind, " She did it. She confessed!" You're amazed that it worked, that you manipulated the psychopath into confessing and that you were able to read her mind from a great distance.

" I knew you could do it!" Tom clasps your face and kisses you. Your arms wrap around him and you don't part until you're both breathless.

" Are you ready to visit the dream?"

" Ready whenever you are," Tom smiles.

You close your eyes, weaving the chaos magic effortlessly into Toms mind, transporting you both to the dream. Even though this is the third time you've been there it's still a shock when you see the roaring, destructive vortex as it swallows the city. The screams and flying debris distracts you, and you have to fight the growing panic in your chest. This isn't real, it hasn't happened yet.

You and Tom twirl on the spot eyes searching the buildings for anything recognizable.

" Let's follow the people and see if we come across a sign or something," Tom yells over the roar, his shirt whipping in the wind.

" Okay."

You both sprint alongside the screaming people heading away from the vortex. " Might be quicker if I do this instead," Tom lunges for you, wrapping an arm around your waist as he shoots web at the nearest building. You swing on to his back holding on as he shoots more web, swinging you on to the top of another building. You hop off his back and scan the city, " Do you recognize anything?" You ask, scanning the tops of buildings and distant skyscrapers. The ocean glints like a jewel to one side of the city and you stare at it wondering whether it's the Atlantic, Pacific or Indian ocean in front of you. Tom points to a gigantic, grey arched bridge in the distance, "I think that's the Sydney Harbor bridge, I went there once, ages ago."

" Where's that?"

" Australia."

" Australia? Geez... " You say, pulling you both out of the dream. Tom's sitting beside you blinking furiously a disconcerted look on his face, " Sorry I probably should've warned you that I was about to do that."

" Nah, it's cool."

" So Dark Phoenix is going to attack Sydney, in Australia? That's so far away! I can't afford a plane ticket to get over there, and neither can my parents... Oh god, how will I explain this to my parents?" You fret, hands wringing nervously.

Toms hands go over yours, " It's okay Y/N. I've got the plane tickets... I don't know how you'll explain it to your parents, though. I don't see them letting you go so easy, they wouldn't want you to be in danger. Considering what happened with Agent Wilson."

" Yeah... But whether they like it or not. I have to go. We have to save the universe."

" You'll be saving the universe. I'm going to try and save as many people as I can. I know that I'll be limited in that fight against Dark Phoenix, but I'll have your back no matter what. I love you Y/N," Tom shoots you a tender look that makes your cheeks heat and your stomach flip, " I love you too Tom. I'll have your back as well..." You brush a lock of  hair off his forehead, toying with it. " I think I'll have to lie to my parents about Sydney. If they knew the truth, they wouldn't want me to go and I don't want them to worry about me..."

Tom nods, understanding, " I can say we're going on a holiday?"

" They'll be pissed that I've decided to take a "holiday" during the middle of the semester. But yeah, it might work if I tell them I need a break, especially after the kidnapping. Which is true anyway, too many things have interrupted me this semester and I've fallen so far behind already. Plus, I have to focus on saving the universe." Your shoulders are heavy as you think about your parents reaction, plus the added burden of saving the universe.

" It'll be okay Y/N, I'm sure they'll understand that you need a break after everything that's happened. Even though it wont really be a break, but just know that you won't be alone in this. I'm here for you okay," Tom pulls you into his arms and it feels like the load on your shoulders has lifted slightly. "Shall we go to Sydney the week it'll happen just to be safe that we don't miss the attack?"

" Sure."

Tom shifts on the sofa, " Okay that's settled then..." You both sit on the sofa thinking about the impending attack. You try to fight the writhing anxiety in your stomach as your mind races over how many casualties there will be, how many will die, or if you fail. Stop thinking like that Y/N, failure is not an option!

Tom clears his throat, breaking the silence, "Well while we're here do you think we should see if I have any spidey senses? Considering the attack is in a few weeks time, I think we should be as prepared as we can be."

You grasp onto his suggestion like a lifeline, because it breaks you out of your dark thoughts,  "Yes! We need to be as prepared as much as possible." You hop up, eager to see Tom in action. "Shall I just throw stuff at you with the chaos magic?" Your eyes dart around the living room, trying to find things to throw at Tom.

" Woah, why so eager to belt me with stuff Y/N? Please make sure it's something soft though, and be gentle- it's my first time," Tom chuckles, getting up off the sofa as well.

" Where's the fun in that?" You shoot him a dangerous grin.

He barks out a laugh.

" Okay, how about I throw the pillows at you."

" Done."

" Okay," You step back a grin on your face, excitement in your chest as you call the chaos magic. Scarlet lightning shoots down your arms and you lift all the pillows at once.

Toms looks slightly nervous, but he closes his eyes anyway.

" Ready?" You ask.

Tom nods.

Twitching a finger you shoot the nearest pillow and it hits him on the face with a thump. You crack up laughing and Tom opens his eyes, an amused smile on his face, " Ha, ha. Very funny Y/N." He quickly shoots a string of web and flings the pillow back at you. You dodge to the side as it sails past.

" Did you feel anything, though?" You ask.

Tom shakes his head.

" Do you want to try again?"

" Bring it on Y/N," he smirks.

He closes his eyes again, a relaxed look settling over his features. You float the pillows until they form a ring around Tom. He doesn't twitch or move an inch, giving no clue that he knows what you're up to.

This time you fling two pillows, one to the back of Tom and the other to the front of him. He moves quicker than you thought possible, one minute he's there and the next he's upside down clinging to the ceiling, eyes still closed. The pillows collide then fall to the floor with a soft thump.

" Oh my god Tom," Your mouth drops open, a grin breaking across your face.

He opens his eyes, smiling excitedly, " I did it!" Flipping, he lands on the floor gracefully.

All the remaining pillows drop to the floor as you run over and hug Tom, " Wow! You have a spidey sense! What's it like?"

Tom's brows narrow, " Uuuh, I don't know how to describe it... You can feel the object coming towards you, if that makes sense?"

You cock your head to the side, " I kind of get it. That's so cool, though. No one will get the drop on you."

" I hope so. Is it okay if we keep going? I'm kind of excited to keep practicing."

" Of course," You beam, walking away from Tom. You make the pillows rise again and he closes his eyes as you pelt them towards Tom continuously. He dodges them all effortlessly.