—I don't care.

—Come on, precious, I just wanna talk to you.

He continued now taking seat on the empty seat next to me and really starting to piss me off.

—I don't, so, can you please go? —I begged in an unfriendly tone.

—Come on, let's talk and...

—How many times does she have to ask you to go until you do it?

Out of nowhere, Lucas's voice was heard making both turn to face him entering to the place with a serious face.

—Come on, dude, I saw her first —the annoying dude remarked.

—I'm not going to ask you twice, Marcus, leave her alone —Lucas demanded approaching this guy that now I knew was named Marcus.

—Look, Friar —Marcus said standing up—. If you know what's best for you, you're gonna walk away now.

Lucas let go a mocking laugh which both of us knew that would only piss this Marcus guy even more. And so as we thought, he approached Lucas even more. At first I thought he only did that to intimidate him, but, before I could even notice, his fist was reaching Lucas's face making me open my mouth in disbelief.

Nevertheless, in a quick move, Lucas grabbed both of Marcus's wrists and memories of the first time I saw Lucas snapped that way into the Texan Lucas came back to my mind.

I couldn't believe my eyes. Lucas was really staring to death this guy who now seemed a bit frightened.

—I may not look like it, but I'm strong as a horse. I don't even work it, I just am. So if you really now what's good for you, you're the one that's gonna walk away now and will never bother her again. Are we clear?

He threatened him letting go Marcus's wrists still staring him down. Marcus swallowed and gave me a quick look before he took off leaving us alone.

Lucas sighed and approached me since I still remained in my place, shocked of what just had happened.

—You ok? —he inquired after my silence.

I nodded—. You didn't have to do that —I said once I recovered myself from the bewilderment.

—I wasn't gonna let that jerk bother you.

—I can defend myself, Lucas.

—I know you can —he assured— I just wanted to and I'm not expecting you to thank me.

—Thanks.

I simply said to give Lucas one more look before I intended to leave, but I couldn't take more than a few steps before he spoke again.

—Why are you avoiding me?

—What? —I asked, confused.

—First you didn't talk to me all day and now you are leaving. I really wanted us to talk about what happened yesterday.

Great, just what I needed: more confusion. First he basically escaped from me, then he was all hey's and hi's but didn't talk to me at all still expecting me to be the one to talk to him. How was I supposed to understand this man?

—I know what happened yesterday was a mistake, Huckleberry and...

—Wait —he didn't even let me finish my sentence—. You... you think that it was a mistake?

—Why wouldn't it be? —I frowned.

—I don't know —he crossed his arms—. Maybe because I don't want it to be a mistake.