—Hi guys.

Seriously? Seriously life? I was worried enough before even bumping with Smarckle and now you put Lucas in front of me. What is it that you wanted from me?

—Are you talking to us? —Zay asked before I could notice it.

—Yes. Why does it surprise you? —Lucas answered a bit concern.

—I don't know. Maybe because it's been months since you did it last, what is it? You tired of your new buddies?

Zay snapped taking me by surprise. He always was telling me how I should understand Lucas for stepping away from us and now, he talked to him like that?

—You're right, Zay —he sighed—. I walked away from you and I'm very sorry for that. I just didn't feel like myself and you didn't deserve to be with that guy.

He apologized and all I was able to do until now was stare him, completely shocked that he was actually apologizing with us.

—And you've changed now? —Zay asked more quietly this time.

—Yeah. I think I have. And I really hope for you to give me another chance.

Everything became silent. Neither one of us talked. I don't know what was happening through each other's mind but in my mind, I didn't even believed what was going on and that maybe, all have to do with me.

—Why wouldn't we? —Farkle spoke breaking that silence—. We're friends, right?

He smiled as well as Smackle did and it wasn't long until Lucas drew a smile on his face.

—Thanks guys.

He mumbled to lock eyes with everyone, first Farkle, then Smackle, Zay and... our eyes found each other for the first time.

—Hi.

He muttered to me obviously catching the rest's attention.

—Hey —I answered smiling now.

—Hey —he repeated.

—Hi.

I simply couldn't say more and now I was pretty sure that those two brainiacs had a theory about our sudden hey's and hi's.

The bell rang and despite feeling like a life saver, nothing could save me from the worry I was feeling.

This couldn't be right, last time we were all hey's and hi's was after Texas, the campfire and our almost kiss, our first almost kiss. Now everything was the same, we have returned to the same place with the exception that this time there wasn't any triangle, just Lucas, me and our feelings.

•••

I wasn't sure how I free myself from any interrogation after that extremely awkward moment with Lucas early this morning, but I did, and I was thankful as hell because I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to keep the secret for so long.

Nothing had change. I was still unsure about what I was feeling and why I couldn't forget about the stupid almost kiss. Lucas didn't even mentioned once, he barely even talked to me all morning and that only confused me even more.

—Hey precious.

Once again, that sudden raspy voice brought me back to reality, making me remember that I was alone in the middle of Hunter's, well, not alone anymore, as this guy that I didn't know his name was standing in front of me with a big and creepy smile on his face.

—Go away —I uttered without any intention of being nice.

—I haven't even said a thing —he excused himself.