1

"Okay dad!" I shout smacking the back of the moving van. It's the first day at our new apartment and I'm already dreading unpacking. I'm homesick.

I support my father though. He worked so hard to make us happy. Even though mom is gone now. Fuck you cancer.

"Do you wanna help me set up my office? We will unpack the apartment when we get back." Dad asks smiling.

I did not want to stay in this place alone. It's too overwhelming. "Sure. You can drive though." I say back, handing him the keys. I'm not ready for the heavy city traffic.
----------------------------------------------------
We park near an all glass 50 story building in the middle of the city. "Well this is it!" Dad exclaims getting his things for his office.

"Holy crap dad this is where you work now?" I ask in awe.

"This is it! I can't wait for the pay checks!" He says smiling guiding me to the main entrance.

I walk into the most glamorous sitting room of my life. Golden chandeliers glisten from the ceiling, fancy suits and pencil skirts strut by. I suddenly feel way out of my element.

Dad ushers me to the elevator. "I'm on floor 30 Maddy." He says motioning for me to push the button.

What seems like years later the doors open revealing a very tech-advanced room. The walls are glowing blue and there are computer nerds flooding the room. This is definitely dad's comfort zone.

I stand quietly as dad talks to a tall blonde woman with obvious fake boobs and 5 inch red heels. She already disgusts me with her fake smile.

I was busy gawking when someone bumps into me making me drop the box I have in my hands. I immediately apologize and bend down to pick it up.

The person that bumped into me bends down and when I look up I find myself staring into the most mesmerizing icy blue eyes.