Chapter Nine

The next day Cid caught Cloud alone, gesturing him into the kitchen.

"What's up Cid?" Cloud asked as he made him some tea.

"I just wanted a chance to talk to you, I'm, concerned for you, I may be an old man Cloud but I'm not stupid, you two have fallen for each other, am I right?"

"Cid I, I've really tried, not to let this happen."

"Ahhh don't tell me you got ties elsewhere, Cloud man!"

"No, no it's not that, you remember the day I met you, after I lost my friend, well he, he and Aerith were..." Cloud hung his head solemnly at the painful memory.

"Does she make you happy, it seems like she does, I can't remember the last time I saw you smile the way you do with her." Cloud passed Cid his cup and came to sit beside him.

"From the moment I saw her, there's always been a connection, I thought it was because of Zack but I can't describe, how she makes me feel Cid, I've never felt this way before, ever!"

"Then that's all that matters, as long as you're ok with Shinra keep pursuing you?"

"I know, we can't stay here forever." Cloud sighed, troublingly. "I appreciate what you're saying, I do, but this is something I can't walk away from Cid."

"I had a feeling you'd say that." Cid smiled reassuringly, resting his hand on the back of Clouds shoulder. Cloud returned his smile and got up to leave.

"Thanks Cid, I don't say it enough but, I'm glad you found me that day."

"Wait, Cloud! Cid stopped him leaving. "If you two are, an item now, we need to make some ground rules." Uh oh Cloud thought, here it comes. He knew there had to be more to this conversation and he was certain he knew where it was headed. "I will respect the privacy of your room, as long as it stays in your room!" Cid raised his eyebrow, and Cloud knew they'd been caught. "Oh and please keep the screams to a minimum during business hours." His face flushed red and Cid smirked. "Go on get out of here, take her somewhere nice will ya?" Cloud gave him the finger, smirked back and went to find Aerith.

"Hey beautiful!" Cloud smiled as he lent over the bar. Aerith blushed, drying her hands off.

"Hi handsome, what can I do you for?"

"I do hope that's not how you greet all your customers?" Cloud said with a cheeky grin. Aerith cocked her head to the side, raising her eyebrows. A smile touched her lips and eyes as she shook her head. "I'll have whatever you're having please." Aerith made them each a drink, taking them round the other side of the bar to sit with Cloud.

"So, everything ok with Cid?"

"Yeah, he told me to take you out."

"Ok, whats going on? she laughed. "Does he know, about us?"

"Yeah, that guys not silly." Cloud laughed. "He said he'll respect our room as long as we keep things to our room, also during business hours, no screams of pleasure, we must be respectful."

"He didn't say that?!" Aerith looked horrified.

"They werent his exact words." Cloud giggled. "But more or less." Aerith shook her head. her face flushing.

"Aerith. I want to take you, somewhere special tonight, but we'll need a chocobo."

"Cloud, please don't ask me to take one of those poor mans chocobos again!"

"I'll get the chocobo, relax, I really want to take you to this place but it's a little way out of Midgar!" Cloud said, sloshing the last of his drink around the bottom of his glass.