Chapter Seven

"Cloud?" he snapped out of his thoughts turning to look at her, she was sitting up now.

    "Hey, you really should lie down and rest, what's wrong, wasn't the healing magic strong enough?" he asked attentively.

   "Oh no, it was fine, I'm fine, its just, I feel a little uneasy now." Cloud paused a moment trying to think of a way he could help, but there wasn't really all that much he could do.

   "Tell you what..." Cloud got up from the chair and approached the bed, sitting on the edge. He lent on his legs, a hint of blush could be seen on his cheeks. "I'll stay on guard, don't worry, I'll be right here, just please, get some rest!"

   "Thank you Cloud." She smiled appreciatively and began to snuggle down into bed, almost childlike. Cloud watched her with loving interest as she began to drift off. After maybe an hour or so had passed, Cloud began to feel a cold breeze filling the room. Damn thin walls he thought. He noticed Aerith start to stir and then she began restlessly tossing and turning.

   "No, no, no, stop, please!" she begged in her sleep. Cloud cupped her hands in his, in an attempt to stop her struggling.

   "Hey, hey, it's ok, I'm here, I'm here!" Cloud hushed as she awoke.

   "Oh, Cloud!" she stammered, breathlessly.

   "It's ok, you were having a bad dream, but I'm here, just as I said I'd be, are you ok now?"

    "Hmm." Aerith nodded. "You keep rescuing me Cloud, one way or another." She smiled. "It's got cold in here though." She shivered. Cloud noticed the goose bumps appearing on her arms and wondered what he could do, he didn't have any extra blankets. Cloud moved gently to lay beside her a little tense at first, then wrapped his arm around her pulling her close to him.

   "Here." he whispered. "You can share my warmth." Aeriths head spun with sudden heated desire, sensing the intimate situation they were suddenly placed in. Cloud sat with his back against the pillows in a rather rigid manner, Aerith actually found it rather humorous as a grin played on her lips. She reached her hand out and started to trace patterns into Cloud's jumper, she noticed his chest rise sharply then fall again.

    "Aerith." he looked at her questioningly.

   "Come closer Cloud?" she asked, looking up into his eyes. Cloud nervously swallowe his heart as he slowly turned into their embrace, emotions tormenting his mind also.

   "You seem tense Cloud." she grinned. "Let me help relax you!"

   "I...Uh" he stuttered. Aerith giggled as she gave Clouds jumper a small tug. Clouds eyes looked wide and hesitant.

   "May I, you trust me, right?"

   "I trust you." Cloud said in a low, breathy tone. Her fingers pulled his jumper loose and she carefully eased it up over his abs. She watched as his breath caught and lay her hands softly on his chest. It was clear how much he was restraining himself. His hands, his body tense. She eyed his lips longingly, innocently biting her own as she continued her tracing. "Aerith!" he sighed his breathing becoming uneven as he started to relax, his eyes slowly closing then opening. Aerith was gently leaning further into him and it didn't escape his notice.

   "There, told you I could help you relax." she smiled.  

   "Hmm?" he sighed gently, lost in her touch. "You do realise what you're doing to me right now though?"

  "Hmm...maybe." she grinned again. Cloud shook his head and sighed.

   "Zack's going to kill me for this!" he said, grabbing her waist and pushing her back against the bed. He leaned over her, his lips crushing hers as his hand went up her side and lifted her arm above her head. The touch of their lips sent the sharp, all to familiar jolts of energy on fire. He could feel her tugging his body with her free hand closer to her still, his hand left hers grabbing her hip tightly in response. They kissed passionatly, lustfully as Cloud suddenly grabbed the opening of her jacket. He pulled her up into a sitting position and took his jumper off the rest of the way. Aerith admired him before Cloud found her eyes, looking deeply in them as he slid her jacket down her arms. He trailed kisses from her neck down to her cleavage as he eased her back down beneath him. He unlaced the top of her dress while she was distracted and continued his downward trail. Aerith was lost in the desire of the unknown as Cloud lovingly kissed each of her nipples, she had no idea the sensation it could have on her body. Her breath came fast and heavy, her chest heaving up into his face. His hands caressed her belly, gently pushing her back down as though he were expecting her reaction. Then he gently took the sleeves of her dress down her arms and slowly slid it off. He trailed his hand up her leg, down her thigh, finishing its course at her most intimate of places. Clouds fingers knew precisely their location and their intended goal, surely he'd done this before. Despite her mind being intoxicated with pleasure, this thought suddenly crippled her. Had Cloud done this before? How would she, nieve and innocent as she was compare. She didn't want to disapoint him, fail to meet his expectations. She shifted uncomfortably, Clouds motions abruptly stopped as he came reassuringly to stroke her face.