eight.

08

THE REAL PROPHECY

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

The two weapons clashed against each other loudly with sparks flying from each blade at the harsh contact. At the end of the axe, the white-haired girl smirked playfully towards Peter who held the sword timidly.

"Come on, Pevensie," the girl grinned even wider before one brow twitched upwards, "Don't hold back on me."

"I'm not!" he insisted and struck again, only she could tell how cautious he was being on her left side due to the claw marks but there was no way that Alex was going to let that stop her from winning a fight.

Peter's brows shuddered at the size of the grin on the girl's face as the axe came quickly towards him with great power that she thought could take down an entire tree with one strike, and he was right. Not only did the axe return to her side when beckoned, but the might of the strike was also amplified.

"Why are you smiling so widely?" he asked as he blocked the attack at the last second but was met as she circled around on the heel of her foot before slashing the blade to his feet, "Are you going to talk?"

"Peter, I know that you aren't exactly the most skilled knight, but usually there isn't this much discussion during a battle," she laughed out as his blade blocked hers once more. For someone who hadn't even held such a weapon until a mere few days ago, he was a skilled swordsman.

"Really? I thought I had to ask permission before attacking," he sarcastically snickered and earned a playful glare in return as the two weapons continued to clash on each other for what felt like an hour until both had sweat dripping from their heads and their muscles ached.

"Your arm," Peters unoccupied hand reached out to brush her skin where the wound had been just a few hours earlier but was no replaced with three thin, blue scars, "It's healed, how did that happen?"

Alexandra used the perfectly shiny surface of her axe as a mirror to look at her wound, or what used to be her wound, to find that it had indeed healed into scars that could appear to be months old.

Alex continued to stare at her scars that blended in well with the others on her back that Peter had hardly even seen, his eyes had only been met with the ones on her neck and cheeks but not the abundance on her spine, "We should go back to camp, we did enough work today," he smiled her way and she nodded as they started to walk peacefully back to the array of tents.

"Hey," Peter muttered and looked her way after a complete journey in peace, "We should do that again sometime and maybe you could tell me more about Narnia, you know so much about these lands and I know nothing."

"We have still have time to talk now," she pointed over the hill where the tent poles were just coming into view, "What do you want to know?"

"How about those flowers? The ones that you stopped Lucy from touching and smelling. I think you called them... Sleeping- No, Tired-"

Alex cut him off with a small echo of a laugh before correcting him, "Drowsy Pudina, they are a very lethal species of weeds that plague the forest regardless of the weather or location. With one smell, a human or Narnian could be put into an eternal sleep with no warning," she clicked her fingers, "Just like that."

"They are pretty for a bunch of weeds," he stated as they neared the tents even more so that they could hear the chatter from the Narnians as they worked, "How about the Regals? You've mentioned them once before."