thirty two.

32

A PROPER ADDRESS

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

Alexandra had walked through the burrows of Aslan's How until she found Edmund and Caspian looking over at the treeline. Both of the royals looked solemn as they conversed, yet to notice her arrival.

"Hey," she spoke and sat between them on the rock ledge and resting the axe over her knees, "I hope I wasn't interrupting."

"Not at all," Caspian smiled and met her eyes, "Edmund was telling me about his world - London he called it. That's where you're from too?"

Alex nodded, "I am from London, only London isn't a world - it is a city within a country within the world we are from. Edmund and I are from Earth. London, the city, is in England, the country, which is on Earth, the world."

Caspian nodded with understanding. "My people are from that world too. They came in ships during a storm, anchored on an island off the coast somewhere in Narnia and had children with the natives. Thus the birth of the Telmarines of Telmar. I'm not proud of where I am from or the anger and destruction of my people. That's why I am proud that I am helping the Narnians. It's the least I can do after all the abuse from my people. I am ashamed that I listened to Nikabrik and those beasts; if I had known what they were trying to do..."

"You are doing much more than you know, Caspian," Edmund caught his attention from the other side of Alex, "You wouldn't have been the first in Narnia to fall victim to the White Witch and her lies."

Edmund looked down in shame.

"She can't hurt us anymore," Alexandra said after some time of silence as she stared out at the trees that shook side to side with the breeze, sometimes looking like humans dancing in the wind. But something else caught her attention.

Caspian opened his mouth to say something until he noticed the look on Alex's face, "What is it?"

"Shh," she muttered and put her palm on the rock, "Do you feel that?"

They both put that hands on the rock and could feel a distant rumble. Just as they felt the rumble, they began to hear even more distant shouts and the stomp of thousands of feet getting closer to the How.

"It's Miraz-" all three said at once, eyes wide.

"Edmund, go get Peter!" Alex ordered and stood to her feet, the two boys standing also. Edmund didn't even reply before he was running to go and get his older brother.

Caspian and Alexandra noticed how they could see the trees returning back to their solemn, natural forces out of fear and the tops of catapults through the forest. Narnians, who must have also felt the rumble, climbed out of the exits of Aslan's How to see if they were under attack; mothers protecting their children by sending them back inside.

"How many wars have you fought?" Caspian asked her as he watched the first row of men enter the field.

"Too many," she replied, noticing his pale frame, "But enough to know that man power is not all an army needs. We may have smaller, less trained forces than Miraz's army. But we are the ones who know what Narnia is capable of. We are the ones with love in our hearts. We are the ones who will win."

He nodded, "At the castle I found out that Ernest didn't make it. But he gave this to my Proffesor to give back to you. He told Cornelius to thank you for giving him hope of a better Narnia for his grandchildren."

He took Alex's hand softly and placed the locket in her palm, closing her fingers around the silver necklace that she had been given my Father Christmas many years ago. The very one that had held the cure to her eternal slumber.