"Yoongi! Stop! I said something else! That's so annoying!"

"How so?"

"Because you're doing it on purpose! And I know you're smirking right now!" You retorted, knowing without the darkness his face would surly display a teasing expression. You knew how bizarre it was to argue about something so minuscule and pointless, but it brought you a sort of comfort. You thought maybe Yoongi felt this comfort too, and you heard him chuckle.

"Alright alright. I promise I'll say something different next time."

You grinned triumphantly in the darkness and began counting the seconds mentally. If he said the same thing, you would refuse to talk to him until you died.

However, upon reaching the thirty second mark, Yoongi suddenly stopped walking. 

"Wha-"

"Shh!" He hissed, you feeling his arm in front of you as he forced you to stop. You obeyed and froze under the action. "Did you hear that?"

You blinked; wiping the sweat from your brow and breathing out heavily as you tried to listen for whatever he had been referring to. You were only met with silence. Wait... silence?

"The tunnel stopped vibrating!" You spoke in a gasp, "I think the eruption is over!"

"Not that," Yoongi spoke, hushing you again as he tried to listen for whatever his ears had originally detected. You as well became quiet once more.

A sudden screeching sound filled the tunnel, and you jumped on Yoongi's back in fear as he struggled to support you without any warning in the darkness. Soon you found your fear silly as the sound was quickly identified as Jeb.

"Ah, it's just Jeb!" You spoke wearily with a laugh; climbing down from Yoongi while he muttered something negative about your monkey. Too soon had you brought your guard down however as you realized that Jeb didn't usually screech like that for no reason. 

A fluttering noise filled your ears and fear gripped your heart as realization swept through you. 

"DOWN!" Yoongi shouted under the sudden panicked shrieking of Jeb attempting to warn the two of you of the new presence. You felt his hand reach for your arm and grip onto it; pulling you down to the hard floor of the tunnel. You bit your lip harshly as your open wound collided with it and your hands brushed against rocks, but stiffled any sounds of pain so it wouldn't be known.

The fluttering noise buzzed past your head and you cowered over, Yoongi doing the same.

"What is that?!" You spoke with a shriek as something brushed against you and you swore the flapping noise was inches from your ear.

"Bat!" He responded urgently, "Maybe more than one! Come on, stay low, but we have to run!"

Run? 

Did you even have the ability to run? You throbbing leg spoke otherwise, but you swallowed your pain and nodded even though he couldn't see. Yoongi's hand found yours, and the two of you blindly took off as you clenched your journal tight to your chest and tried to wave off the creature that seemed to be following you.

A different screeching sound penetrated your ears that you recognized to be the bat's, and you ducked while screaming a little as the animal seemed to swoop lower.

"It won't go away!" You cried, Yoongi's grip on you tightening at your words. You didn't think you could take it much longer under the pain that shot through your leg at every step. You thought quickly; head spinning as you tried to figure out how to dispose of the bat.

Stranded| m.yg ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें