Many Guilds were overwhelmed by the sword's starting bid of 15 Gold. With the funds they possessed, they could only sit on the sidelines in this auction.

"This sword belongs to me! Everyone else, don't even think of trying to compete against me for it!"

"Who the fuck are you? We, World Dominators, have taken a liking to this sword! Whoever dares to bid will be looking for trouble with us!"

"Do you guys think you are the only first-rate Guild present in this auction? Our Guild is the Bloodthirsty War God! Anyone who dares to bid will be dead meat!"

......

Although the price of the Purgatory's Shadow was high, the competition for it was still intense. It made one truly wonder just what price it would achieve in this auction. Hence, the many first-rate Guilds present started sending warnings to the other Guilds in the hopes of buying the Purgatory's Shadow at a cheap price.

"Idiots." Shi Feng helplessly shook his head at their actions.

Did these people think that the ones buying items here were limited only to players? Although the minimum bid for the Purgatory's Shadow was 15 Gold, according to Shi Feng's understanding, one needed to bid at least 25 Gold in order to secure the item. Otherwise, it would be bought out by NPCs. Did these first-rate Guilds think that, by voicing threats, they could take advantage of loopholes in the system?

Soon after, the bidding for the Purgatory's Shadow started, and the price for the sword soared continuously.

In a blink of an eye, the price of the sword had already reached 20 Gold.

The ones currently bidding for the sword consisted of only first-rate Guilds. Second-rate and third-rate Guilds did not have the funds to take part in this auction at all. They could only look on in silence, unwillingness filling their hearts.

Meanwhile, Joking Scholar similarly felt helpless as he sat in the front row of the auction. If he had not been swindled by Lone Tyrant, he could have bought those two daggers already and also this Purgatory's Shadow, while the other Guilds could only watch as he did so.

After the bidding continued for several minutes, the price for the Purgatory's Shadow finally stopped increasing.

At 24 Gold 30 Silvers, this price was very low where Level 20 Dark-Gold Weapons were concerned. Not to mention, this was also a Dark-Gold Weapon that could be upgraded.

"Hahaha! This Purgatory's Shadow belongs to me now!" Seeing that nobody else was outbidding him, the Berserker from World Dominators cheered.

The members of other Guilds could only look at this Berserker with unwillingness in their eyes. In an auction, players competed with one another in terms of wealth, not influence.

However, immediately after the auctioneer slammed his hammer for the second time, someone broke the silence and made a bid. Moreover, it wasn't just limited to a single person.

"Twenty-five Gold."

"Twenty-six Gold.

"This sword looks finely made. I can add it to my collection. I'll bid 30 Gold Coins."

At this moment, a nobleman of Blackwing City placed an astonishing bid, stupefying all the Guilds present.

"Why are the NPCs joining the bid as well?"

This question baffled many of those present in this auction. If NPCs were going to bid against them too, how were they supposed to compete? That man was an NPC! A noble of Blackwing City at that! How were players supposed to outbid him?