41-60

Chapter 41 - commotion in town 

Red Leaf Town, Fountain Plaza.

The entire plaza was dyed crimson by the setting sun. There were quite a lot of Lifestyle players[1] setting up food stalls and selling snacks that were unique to God's Domain.

These snacks tasted delicious, and they were much better than the delicacies in real life. Also, their selling price was just 2 or 3 Coppers. It was truly a bargain.

Many players would come here to rest and taste the delicacies of God's Domain after a day's worth of hard-fought battles. After all, they could only earn tens of Coppers in a single day, and after deducting the expended costs, they would only be left with slightly over ten Coppers. So, giving them a treat should not be a problem.

There were quite a few couples sitting on the stone benches, chatting. They ate the food they bought as they enjoyed a lovely time.

Suddenly, every player in Red Leaf Town received a System Announcement.

System: A player has triggered a special storyline. 'Insurrection of the Little Fishmen' has been activated. An Expedition Quest has been activated in Red Leaf Town. Players can now receive the Expedition Quest from the Adventurer's Guild. Completing the Expedition Quest will reward players with bountiful rewards and Guild Reputation.

All the players were shocked. In Red Leaf Town, a place where Quests were extremely rare, there was actually an Expedition Quest. Moreover, the rewards were great. It was truly unimaginable.

"Who was the awesome person that actually triggered a special storyline?"

The player who achieved this feat attracted the attention of every player in Red Leaf Town. Everyone wondered what great rewards this player gained for activating the storyline. After all, activating a storyline was definitely a rare occurrence. So, how could the rewards be few?

Quite a lot of players started having their own wicked thoughts. They wanted to kill off the player who activated the storyline Quest. Unfortunately, the System Announcement did not reveal the player's name.Compared to the average players, the various large Guilds were in a state of turmoil. At this stage of the game, aside from clearing Dungeons, there was not a single Quest that was capable of increasing Guild Reputation.

A Guild required Guild Reputation to level up. As long as their Guild could reach Level 2 a step earlier, they would be able to obtain the corresponding Guild benefits, creating a large advantage over the other Guilds.

Currently, the other Towns surrounding Scarlet River also received the same System Announcement; it wasn't just Red Leaf Town. All of the large Guilds began strategizing a plan for their crusade against the Little Fishmen.

Meanwhile, Shi Feng, who was the cause of all this commotion, currently sat inside the Auction House.

The Auction House was a very convenient place. The items placed on auction by players were not just limited to Red Leaf Town; they could be seen and bought in the hundreds of Towns and small Cities under the influence of White River City. However, the Auction House was very cunning. They charged a 5% handling fee for all items auctioned, so the items there are usually very expensive.

However, the Auction House was unquestionably the best place for players to sell certain items anonymously. Also, it had been quite some time since God's Domain started. The players had already amassed quite an amount of Coins, and the large Guilds should have already piled up a lot of funding. If Shi Feng were to set up a stall in Red Leaf Town, not only would he attract attention, he might also be targeted by people like Flaming Tiger.